Thursday, March 1, 2012

Workout Playlist

Tool - The Pot
This is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Korn (ft. Skrillex) - Narcissistic Cannibals
There is no way you can't get up and DO WORK when this song comes on.

Janus - Eyesore
I love Janus.  They bring it.  I love their style, they're not too heavy (although I love heavy metal), but they aren't what I call 'boy bands with guitars' or 'candy rock'. (Like Nickelback, Hinder, Saving Abel - not my style!)  This is the real deal!!

The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings
A Classic. "Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage".  <<Love!  The video is F*ckin rad too!

Pantera - Walk
Pantera is my top band of all time.  I love them, they bring it hard and heavy.  Their lyrics are legit!!

"Run your mouth when I'm not around 
It's easy to achieve 
You cry to weak friends that sympathize 

Can you hear the violins playing your song? 
Those same friends tell me your every word

Is there no standard anymore? 
What it takes, who I am, where I've been 
Belong 
You can't be something you're not 
Be yourself, by yourself 
Stay away from me 
A lesson learned in life 
Known from the dawn of time"

Cage the Elephant - Shake Me Down
Good beat, I am really loving this band!

Seasons After - Through Tomorrow
"Another crossroad I have come upon today
I choose my own path I choose my own path

You call me ignorant I slam in your disdain
I was your lab rat, but I wont take that



Make up your mind
decide to walk again
we get to live again

we live again through tomorrow"


Rob Zombie - Never Gonna Stop
I'm really throwing some Zombie into my playlists these days.  I'm going to see this crazy fool in May.  He always puts on one heck of a performance.  'Never Gonna Stop' seems like a great thought right now.... :)

Alice in Chains - Man in the Box
Always a fave, gets me going.  This is a good song for walking, I always pick up the pace when it comes on.

Tool - Sober
I love Tool.  I've always loved Tool.  They are fab, if you haven't seen one of their creepy, crazy, cool videos you need to check it out!  This is one of my fave Tool songs, but I love all of them.

Sublime - What I Got
One of my all time favorite, feel good songs.  I also have a lot of special memories with this song with my love, the long time keeper of my heart!  Ahhhhhh, tears just well up when I am forced to remember that I'll never see him again.  Sometimes, I pretend we are just separated for a year or so.... because that happened to us before and we made it through.  Still not ready to talk about it, but he is the reason behind #6 and #7 on my 30x30 list.  "I love you T and I think about you every single day.  Your love and presence in my life is by far one of the greatest gifts I have ever received from this universe.  I miss you, always."

Soundgarden - Spoonman
Chris Cornell's voice can take me to new places, I love him!

"All my friends are Indians
All my friends are Brown and Red
Spoonman"

I used to listen to this song over and over and think - 'Did they really just say that?'  They sure did and it's ridiculously awesome!  One for the Natives!  I'm very proud to be Native American (I don't use the word Indian).  We are a strong, solid people.

7 comments:

  1. Great list! I'll have to check into a few but know most of them. I need to take the time to make a playlist... I just always put the pod on shuffle:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angry workout music is the best workout music! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE CAGE THE ELEPHANT FAN!!! I've got them on my playlist too! Drones in the valley is my favorite warm up song.

    You are just a rock MAVEN! Pantera, Korn, zombie, tool!! yeah!

    You make me want to post mine too! Mind if I copy your idea? I'll Link them over to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the list. Janus is awesome live. Saw them a few years ago and also got to meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh I love that Sublime song. My brothers exposed me to a lot of their music and I know much of it is crude or controversial but I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love listening to Tool whilst I walk to work. They're great. Also Pantera - Walk is one of my favourite songs EVER!!! I first heard it whilst watching ECW wrestling and loved it ever since.

    ReplyDelete