Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Quick Check-in with some of my Favorite Reads!

'Ello, lovelies!  I am in the middle of the Midwest blizzard from hell.  Good times!  Our office is actually closed today, but I had some financial reports I had to get done so I'm here.  I am waiting on other people for check signatures, so I might as well come read some of my faves.

Norma is busy kicking ass and taking names.  She listed some of her fave blogs here, she reads the good shit from us every day peeps and the professionals.  MmmHmmm!  Love that chick!  I'm still scared of her, in a very good way.

Tim is writing about why he is beautiful and he listed about 5 of the 1,000 reasons why he's amazing.  The post is a real gem and Tim is just too cool for words.  I've always said that his 15 Million Steps challenge is the coolest self-challenge I've seen a blogger do and actually follow through on.  That shit is legit!

Chubby is giving her husband a challenge and posting about Gluckers (which I had never heard of, very interesting!)

Fatboy Kris is ridiculously close to 100 pounds down.  Check out his pics, he's a crazy, tatted up, shrinking beast!

Katie at Runs for Cookies (cutest girl on the block) wrote about being Breathless when she was overweight, I still have that sensation sometimes.  There are so many things that fat keeps you away from, get rid of it! :)

Mir over at Two Years to Happy Weight After is amazing, inspiring, intelligent, sassy and oh so beautiful!  She recently posted a couple Vlogs and I find her even more adorable.  She does a lot of research and posts links in her sidebars as well as in the actual text of the post.  She is smart and has always been very supportive.  I'll admit I do love bloggers who do some of the research for me, I'm lazy like that.  She presents facts and has been very successful on her weight loss!  She's also so in touch with her faith, it's incredible.  Jeez, look at me I'm going on and on about our Princess Dieter!  Just adore the beans outta her, that's all.

Jillian joined Allan's challenge.  Then, I just smiled...... because I can't wait to see the end result.  I didn't see that one coming, but I know she's going to rock it out.  Jillian and I are doing the 'Food and Feelings' workbook, I am through with Chapter 4 and into Chapter 5.  I'm patiently waiting for her update.  The book isn't the solve-all emotional eating problems, but it points some things out that I was in denial over and gives some strategies.  Good read and it's a 'workbook', so I do enjoy it.

Julie is fabulous.  You can't read her blog and not feel the positive vibes she puts out into this little world.  In this post she writes that in 9 weeks she turns 50.  She is working on a goal outfit which is actually a very cute swimming suit.  MmmHmm!  She also signed up for her first 10k, I'm feeling inspired - aren't you?!?!  ***Right now, she needs prayers and positive vibes/energy sent to her Mama...***

I just have to say I adore Cyn over at Chunky Goddess because she drops F bombs all over this mutha!  She is a Jillian Michaels fanatic and doesn't give up.  She is my margarita twin (although I haven't had booze since 2012 came around....) and is very supportive.

Bailey J is so pretty and so fun!  She is learning to figure out who she is (sexy, fun, kind) while she loses the weight and it is wonderful to read about.

Ok, those are some of my faves.  I have many others that I read often.  I have a few that I've recently dropped for my own reasons.  No offense, it just wasn't my cup of tea anymore to read whatever it was that you were putting out here.  No worries, life goes on.

No official 'weigh in' this Wednesday.  I'm just recording the beginning and end of my 10 day juice fast.  I am now on Day 5 and feeling mighty fine!!  I have not had any protein drinks, just almond milk along with the fresh made juices.  I am going for a detox vs. a weight loss boost or anything like that.  The tough evening workouts have been cut out.  I walk though, a lot.  Always walking.

Off to finish up some work then make my merry way through the ice and snow back to my humble abode to read a good book with some hot herbal tea and green juice goodness!!

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.........

12 comments:

  1. LOL! "Glucker." I think that's my husband's own made up word. Haha!

    Thanks for the shout-out AND for posting some other bloggers I didn't know about. Yay!

    Also, I just went through my blog roll today and cleared out some of the "dead blogs." Made me sad to do it, but...life goes on.

    Great work getting to day 5 of your detox! That's tough to do. Shows determination and I LOVE determination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I figured that out but it's still a great word. Your definition is priceless! - April

      Delete
  2. Norma is awesome! :) You to!

    Thanks for linking to the ones you like. I'm going to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for the shout-out, girlie-Q! and for sharing all your fave links; they're mostly new to me so I shall ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-check'em out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I'm so feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeling the love!!! ::blush::: Thanks for the shout out. If I can be of any help, any inspiration, and give anyone some hope or a push, I'm a happy camper. I know that other bloggers doing their thing HELPED ME. A few specific bloggers were absolutely key to me believing I could make a change. It matters to SEE and HEAR others' struggles and successes and working it out, stumble and milestone by stumble and milestone.

    So, glad you have YOUR blog to be a light and cheer to otehrs. Muah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about Mir. She is awesome! And I´ll be checking some of these out, they sound like a very supportive bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking for new blogs to read up on! :)

    Glad your reboot is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for the shout out! ahh..i friggin love you! cant wait to check out the others you posted. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, thank you! I love reading your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I see me!! Thanks!!!!!!

    I might have only said 5 of the 1,000 reasons why i'm amazing but numbers 6-1,000 is because I know you! haha! :D

    ReplyDelete