Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Weigh In and Gluttony

Feb 8: 245
Feb 15: 242


3 pound loss this week.  I'll be honest, the food poisoning from last week was probably my only saving grace.


Calories: Calories were nearly non-existent from Thursday afternoon to Sunday due to being sick.  Sunday was 850. Monday was average - 1260. 
        ***The highest I got was yesterday and well, we won't go there.  Okay, maybe we will.  I was just a clown all day yesterday about my eating.  Breakfast was normal - a homemade juice (pear, carrot, celery, orange) and a boiled egg.  I was still at home, so I was in control of what was available to me, then I got on the road for a work trip and it went downhill.  Lunch I 'carbed it up' with some chicken fettuccine Alfredo... with broccoli if that counts. (and garlic toast and a house salad with ranch) The portion of Alfredo was enough for 2 people and I ate most of it.  I should know by now that pasta in a cream sauce is always the beginning of the end for me - I can't be responsible when I have it.  It's impossible, so I shouldn't have ordered it, BUT EVERYONE ELSE DID.  Right?  Why do I always have to be the fat girl on a 'diet', making responsible choices, counting calories, avoiding cream and pasta like the black-effin-plague?  I think I was just 'over it' and wanted to do what everyone else was doing for lunch.  Supper was another catastrophe.  I had a piece of meatloaf and some white chicken chili and some fresh, hot, yeasty dinner rolls WITH BUTTER.  White chicken chili at that place = cream based cheesy soup.  Very delicious, very huge portion. 


 I don't even eat red meat, so I don't know why right when I saw the meatloaf my eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas.  WTF?  I was going to order the meatloaf as the entree and 2 sides - probably a cold pasta salad and peas/carrots.  That would be something I typically eat when I go out (but chicken or salmon instead of red meat).  But, the lady said I could have 2 sides or I could have the soup.  I asked what the soup was and said, sign me up.  Sign me up for a heart attack, please.


So, that's it.  Big, bad mistakes yesterday - pretty much all day.  Today and tonight I'm on travel as well, so I plan to go to the grocery store in hopes they have one of those big salad bars where you can make your own salad.


Water - if I had drank another ounce any day this week I may have burst.  


Exercise - not since Wednesday.  Thursday, Friday = sick due to food poisoning.  Sat, Sun = out of state for my godchild's baptism (lots of walking though).  Mon = ummm, no excuse really.  Tues = on travel, there is a fitness room here but I decided yesterday was a wash.  Yeah, I said it.  I made a decision that yesterday I was just gonna say screw it, after the lunch thing.  I almost said screw it about the sweets and got some chocolate covered strawberries, but I thought that challenge was still worth winning.  The day itself was too far gone to care, so I just... didn't.  It's been a long time since I said, 'screw it' or today is a 'cheat day'.  


Progress, not Perfection.


Carbs crave carbs.  Now I'm paying for the indulgences, because my cravings are out of control.  I can't wait to get home.  I'm going to sit here while I'm not paying attention to the conference and  do a calorie count from yesterday.  I might cry. 


I plan on being a total badass with calories and working out this week, so I don't gain from yesterday and I kill these cravings.  I am 1 pound away from 70 pounds lost......  I can do this.  

12 comments:

  1. When you have an eating day like this (notice I didn't say 'days' because you're not going to string multiples together); you've figured out how to plan your way out of them. I think that's the key - to have a good plan. I think you have to feel spontaneous once in a while with food - and see where it takes you. Then when you step back and see how you did - you analyze and plan and move on. Don't punish or loathe yourself - just move on with your smarts and determination and do well. Oh - and always refer back to your February 14th post - it was amazing and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..hold on to that 70!! That's so awesome!! Forget the rest!! What's the saying..."it's not when or if we fall down, but it's how we get back up?" I think its something like that. So happy for you about that 70 (so close)!! That is so awesome! Woooohooo!! Happy dance when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!! I´m craving those carbs this week too, my body needs a de-tox, I think....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have some carb-crave busting advice here, but i struggle with it as well. Get busy doing something, that usually takes my mind off of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you make some foods "off limit" for yourself? Either by actually forbidding yourself to eat them or by obsessing about how unhealthy they are? That might explain some of the weirder cravings...

    (Girl, I could really go for some pasta now. Trying the lower-carb thing, though, so no pasta... *sigh*.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your loss!
    Don't look at carbs as evil you just gotta pick the right ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, you're back on the horse and a loss is a loss , babe...when I was maybe three months into my rebirth, I got a nice stomach flu for a day or two and lost 4 lbs...and they STAYED AWAY! I haven't been lucky enough to catch another one for four years now; all I ever get is head colds! But glad you're feeling better and those two "fuck it" meals will not wreak any permanent damage if you are right back to eating your usual stuff and getting back to your exercise routine. You are doing great -- illness, travel, stress, all the things you had going on will knock anyone off course briefly. But you made it through so just KEEP MOVING FORWARD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have real problems with carbs too. I've started to add in oatmeal in the morning to give me some carbs, but I try and avoid them later in the day because they just lead to me wanting to pack in the diet and binge. 70 pounds is awesome! Can't wait to see you hit it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you go about ditching that drive to eat carbs after you have had a carb overload?

    I have stomach flu too. My first barf session came about when I was watching Tony Bourdain wait for stir fried brains in India. I thought it was the brains twirling around that got me, but then it did not stop. Miserable. At least it was only coffee. TMI? Yep! Woot!

    Eating on the road sucks royal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good loss!
    I think that all carbs aren't bad, but then again it might be different for each person. Hope you shake the carb cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great loss! I've been feeling out of sorts and fell behind in my fav bloggie reads so catching up:-) I'm hoping that I kick it up a notch and have a good week after eating sort of like this for about a week... blah... that's what I feel like after it... blah! Hope the carb craving beat down is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes you can do this!!! Just think how amazingly happy you'll be to see 70lbs lost.

    ReplyDelete