Monday, February 13, 2012

Total Temptation & a Loving Yourself link-up

 FRIED CHEESECAKE.  It is cheesecake filling, wrapped up in this shell and deep fried, then topped with strawberry sauce, strawberries and fresh whipped cream.  I stared at it and it looked so good.  It looked like a cannoli.  I wanted it, I wanted all of it.  I said no, she said, 'Oh, you have to try it!'.  I said I was doing no sugar for February.  I drank 36 ounces of water just at supper that night to make myself extra full after my Southwest chicken salad and to avoid the dessert.

Then came Sunday after the baptism, baby Ellie's Grandma is one hell of a baker.  I already knew that from visiting my best friend in Iowa in the past.  Well, there was a homemade chocolate and a yellow cake after the baptism.  Homemade icing.  Cakes from scratch.  Moist.  Delicious.  Beautifully hand decorated.  I resisted, when I was driving home - I almost regretted it.  I thought, 'Well, when am I ever going to get cake from scratch again?  I should have just eaten a few bites of it'.  Self-challenge for February sucks.  But, my health and body will reap the benefits of my willingness to care, commit to the challenge and say no to the deliciousness.

Moving on..........

Cyn over at The Chunky Goddess is hosting this little Valentine's Day post thingie about loving yourself!
I had to do some searching through her blog to find it, but here's how she first explained it:

"so I am thinking of doing a link-up meme for valentines day?
what is a meme you ask?
well… a meme (rhymes with theme which i just found out) is kind of like a chain letter (for those of us old enough to remember those). basically it’s a quiz, questionaire, topic and/or common theme that a bevy of bloggers will pass around, write about & link up to.
(hope that makes sense?)
anywho…
valentine’s day is usually associated with showing our love for that special someone or someones in our life. i would like to change things up a bit & focus on loving ourselves – the importance of it & how it has affected (or is it effected – i always screw them up) your journey.
and no it doesn’t have to be JUST about weight loss – all of my non-weight loss bloggy peeps are MORE than welcome to link up!
the link will be opened from february 13th until midnight on february 14th & i would love if everyone wrote a post about loving yourself/what it means/how you do it/not loving yourself enough/etc & whatever take on the subject you want to write about. it can be heartfelt, serious, inspirational, funny, whatever – or a mix of it all! just put your own twist & style into it!
then just link up your post & have fun hoppin’ around reading everyone’s posts as well & hopefully be inspired & feel the bloggy l♥ve!" <<<From Cyn's blog

Here's the post to which you can link your post if you want to write on such a subject:

 http://thechunkygoddess.com/2012/02/13/meme-valentines-day-2012-the-day-of-loving-you/

I am going to work on a post for this, because I have been thinking it is something I need to evaluate right now.  Thanks Cyn, for coming up with the idea and having a place to link and go read other stories.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, think I'll have a go too - I've definitely got to start blogging more often, but struggle to think of things to say these days, so when other people come up with the topic, its a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had those thoughts too-when am I going to get to eat "X" again. You will!! I admire your will power so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to stay IN CONTROL, sistah! Thx for all your comments over on my page...I always picture the entire midwest as being full of farm stands and country markets or at least big chain supermarkets...SUCKS that you have such difficulty finding the things you want. But you are being very resourceful and doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so stinking proud of you for avoiding the temptation. Funny thing is, no matter what month you choose, there will always be an event with lurking around the corner with food, sugary or not, that you may never see again or get to try. But February is extra loaded (v-day and all). YOU DID VERY WELL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on skipping the cake...if we ever end up in Vegas together, I'll bring you a mini made by me cake...cause I do all my baking from scratch ;). Which is why I'm fat. But whatev. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for the link & shout out -- have i told you lately that i love you?

    and you are far more badass than me -- i woulda caved on the fried cheesecake -- holy hell!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grandmas always make the best cakes. I've yet to meet one which cant make amazing ones!

    Fried cheesecake sounds lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you mean, "When will I ever get cake made from scratch again?"?? You know you could always make your own, and even tweak the recipe so it turns out healthier and with less calories. ^^

    ReplyDelete