Monday, February 6, 2012

No Title cuz I'm Lame today

Just checking in, I've been reading and commenting on blogs today because I got a little behind.

FYI, I totally rocked out everything on the list I posted on Saturday.  MmmHmmm!  I knew I just HAD to follow through and get everything done.  I was really sore yesterday.  I think my knee is messed up again, so took it pretty easy yesterday.

I had bet ONE DOLLAR that the Giants would win, guess how is 100 cents richer!  I'm not much of a gambler, I did it mostly just for fun.  I'm most happy that NFL season is over, so I can quit reading all the smack talkin' and nonsense on Facebook.  I blocked posts of people who are repeat offenders, always talking about football. Now, I guess I can maybe make their posts visible again until they annoy me with whatever sport comes next.

I had no booze all of January and decided to continue for all of February, with the exception of last Wednesday. We had a special date night, so we had champagne, strawberries, chicken alfredo pasta...all sorts of good stuff.  Anyhow, it took me until today to quit having constant battles with the carb monster.  I have been craving pasta, pizza, mashed potatoes w/ gravy... all kinds of random shit that I haven't eaten in a while ever since that date night.  Yesterday, I had few cravings.  Today, I feel normal again. I made a single serving of whole wheat spaghetti on Friday with some amazing marinara with artichoke in it - then I decided no major carbs like that until the crazy cravings passed.  I should have known better than to think that my one night of 'cheating' wasn't going to cost me in the big picture of things.  Then again, sometimes I think I'll never learn.

No sugar and No Booze for February.  Still scared as shit and wonder if I'll fail or give in.  I tried to craft some valid excuse as to why I could come up with a couple more 'cheat days' this month.  TOM or Valentine's Day only or my nephew's birthday for cake or my friend's 30th birthday.  I actually had myself convinced that on my friend's 30th birthday, nothing 'counts', because 30 is a really depressing age.  I'm trying to remember that I'd much rather reach my goal of 'no sugar' than fail myself just to eat a cupcake.  You know how much I love cupcakes though.  I mean, I love them.  But, the goal remains and I will not give up!

Tonight: green juice for supper (I'm not that hungry and I actually feel a little sick) and maybe some almonds... Cardio Max workout and that's about it......

Told ya I'm lame today!

10 comments:

  1. It is tough, I try to think of each day behind me as a day closer to my goals. And then know that it's a choice you are making, I find if I feel that I "can't" I really want it and often break a good streak just to prove I'm the boss of me. So rather I try and think...I could have that cupcake but I choose not to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not lame! So impressive - no sugar and booze! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 65 pounds in 8 months
    congrats
    thats amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HEAR You on the carb craving thing... I gave in and had pizza on Saturday and it's all I can do to be happy with my fruits and veggies.

    You are going to rock February. What are you afraid of? Failing? If you're afraid of it... don't do it! You have already accomplished so much. Think about the 10 days of raw... that's almost half a month right there... no sugar then either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals for February. I'd say just stay the straight and narrow, There will be plenty of time left in your young life to eat treats in moderation. Stick to it now and get 'er done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No sugar or alcohol. I admire your gung ho-y-ness.

    I wonder what it is about the pasta. I too am all carbofreak a few days after I eat anything involving flour. When normality comes back it is a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm off the alcohol this month too :D And I'm not really eating sugar but I haven't sworn off it though! Well done on doing so well. I agree the bigger picture is what we're aiming for in the end..... just got to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing awesome. I like the goals you set for yourself all the time. I always think I can't come up with any but then I realize it's just cause I don't want to give up some things. I need to suck it up cause I'm slacking too much. I have a couple cake, brownie and cupcake recipes I'll be trying in the next couple weeks that are low cal/low fat ones and probably posting them so if/when you are ready for a cupcake again just know there are some healthy versions that may work just as nicely as those full flavored ones:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You would probably hate me on FB. I post about real football ALL the time! Usually it's me moaning about my football team because we suck but I'm pretty sure people still get fed up of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am getting sick of facebook in general-I am tired of people complaining constantly or utterly shocked at the TMI posted.

    You got this. It's a short month. You'll feel great. Your gonna get in your goal jeans! I believe it.

    ReplyDelete