Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February Goals

1. Buy my new treadmill!  Any recommendations in the $500-700 range?


2. Go to the free gym right after work 3 days a week!  I am on travel a lot this month for work, so if that is the case - still work out in a gym for 3x a week (at the hotel).  This is in addition to daily walking and home workouts.


3. No booze!  I feel like a rockstar after not drinking at all in January, so I will be doing the same for February.  I'll admit, that is with the exception of tonight.  Today we are having a very special date night for our Valentine's Day, because I am on travel a lot the next 2 weeks.  There will be champagne and strawberries, oh yes there will! :)  Pretty sure I was a budding alcoholic before my little challenge for January, yikes.  


4. Go tanning 3x a week!  I love the feeling, so I might as well start going again. 


5. No desserts.  No 'treats'.  No ice cream.  No sugar.  Yeah, I just said 'no sugar'.  For me, the cupcake queen.  I did it for 10 days in December and I managed it, I did it for 10 when I did fruits-nuts-veggies-tea only for 10 days.  I can handle it, February is the shortest month of the year... so let's go!  I am SO scared of this challenge, isn't that stupid?  I love sugar though, you have no idea.  But, I need to rock shit out... so the challenge is on!


6. Start being serious about this item on my 30x30 list:  #14. Be able to jog 3 miles without feeling or sounding like I am on the brink of death.  This will probably involve going to get some proper shoes and start a training program (Couch to 5k type of thing).  I saw that on one treadmill, Jillian Michaels has this little chip that goes in and the skinny bitch is yelling at you while you're on the treadmill about when to run, slow down, etc..  That will be a big focus for this month, which is going to just make the pounds d-r-o-p.  You runners sure do inspire me.  I'm scared!


7. I want to get to the weight of 233.  I don't know if that can be done in February, but I'm going to give it one hell of a go.  My highest weight EVER was 333.  Yup.  Uggh.  I am only 13 pounds away from being 100 pounds less than my highest weight ever.  I don't even know what I would do, maybe collapse in shock?!  That is my next target, then after that the next target is 220, then I think I'll mosey on down to Onederland which hasn't happened since the 90's.  Shit just got real!  :)  


8. I am going to fast for a weekend in February.  My reasons are discussed in this post.  It will probably be the weekend of the 17th.  Tough month for scheduling, but I will only fast when I am at home because I need the balance and to be in my own space.

13 comments:

  1. Wow! You're attacking February with a vengeance! Good for you! Do you mind If I borrow your fasting goal? I was thinking about doing that soon.

    I'm so proud of you for stepping away from the booze, lady! I can't believe you're only 13lbs away from -100 lbs! It's really inspiring.

    The couch to 5k program is really great. I started doing it last week. I only get 2 runs in a week though aside the personal trainer time 3x a week. I really recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go great goals - well except for the tanning! Please pass on that. I love the feeling also, but I think its just the warmth - so I try to get to the suana at the gym....does your gym have one to try that instead? 30 minutes in the warm suana does wonders for my mood.

    And as for fasting - what about a juice fast for those days? Just an idea from the girl who is on a juice kick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your stamina! You have some really great goals there. I´m scared of the "no sugar" challenge to and have not managed to do it yet. Hope you are successful though. Will be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man holy mother of big goal February! SHIT! I think with the combination of all your goals you call get down a 13 to meet your 100 pounds lost goal. I read that and it just floored me. But hey you have an extra day this month! Leap Year!! That will negate your champagne night. Plus any exercise you may get post champagne will help.LOL

    I am not a treadmill expert, but I ran on one (because I was goaded/shamed into it by hubby) it was a Reebok kind that you can fold up. It was so quiet and smooth! When I got off I folded it up. I wanted to take it home - it has the sort of thing with a personal trainer in it. If you got one then you could run whenever you darn well felt like it in safety. A good investment in yourself!

    My boobs hurt from bouncing while running EVEN though I embarrassed my husband by holding them midway thru the run. Yep. I did that. Men - so easily embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love'em all; you are seriously UNSTOPPABLE, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my next target, then after that the next target is 220, then I think I'll mosey on down to Onederland which hasn't happened since the 90's. Shit just got real! :)

    lmao.. we are one in the same.

    your goals are awesome - best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. C25K is a great program to start running. ^^

    Lots of big plans for February, but I am sure you can keep them up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow way to go~. I would love a treadmill at home, but I have no room. Dang it!. Looks like you are going to rock this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're young, so it doesn't show, but tanning is aging. It WILL show. Ask any dermatologist. Trust me, by the time you're MY age, you will regret it if you tan regularly. Can you find somethign that gives you nice warm feeligns that don't involve UV radiation? :D Please. I'd like to think you're doing all this stuff for your health and to live a longer life full of love and joy....that you'd NOT damage your skin or up the risks of melanoma.

    That was my Mama Mir nag for the day. Muah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful goals!! The no sugar is something I've thought about, but I'm terrified, haha!! I'll lurk and see how you do with it ;)

    And as a natural redhead, I'm obligated to tell you how evil the tanning bed is!! You're working so hard to get healthy and take care of your body- don't run off and get cancer in the process, that's just silly!! If it's the warm, relaxing thing you're trying to achieve- a hot bath is just as awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is no challenge you should be scared of achieving, especially when you've lost 65lbs whilst facing lots of obstacles already. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can definitely make those goals if you set your mind to it, you've proven that you got it in ya;-)

    ReplyDelete