Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Weigh In

June 6, 2011: 311
Jan 25, 2012: 248
Feb 1, 2012: 246

65 Pounds in 8 months!!!!  



I am really excited!  It's not very often I look at how many pounds I've lost 'overall' - I always just go week by week.  Obviously, I notice when I hit 40 or 50 - but really, I just kept on truckin' through the weeks as they came.  Here I am 8 months and 65 pounds.  I can't even remember the last time I was under 250.  I can't remember the last time I went into a store and didn't have to automatically find the BIGGEST size they carried.  Most of all,  I can't remember being this aware of my body.  I know how it works now, I know why I have all these muscles and joints - they allow me to move it, move it & shake it, shake it!  I know how to treat my body, how to nourish it - how to keep the plumbing system maintained, how to keep my skin clear and beautiful, how to keep my hair shiny and healthy, how to protect and strengthen my knees & back which have given my problems for years..... the list goes on and on.

I don't know what else to say - I'm so happy I teared up a little bit because I didn't think I could do this.  I have punched 311-246 into the calculator about 10 times.  Is the math right?  Did I really just lose 65 pounds in 8 months?  I checked again and it still comes out to 65, so I guess it must be right.  Once I started thinking I could, it just kept happening.  Life tried to hold me down, people doubted me.. but here I am!  I had a two month stall where I only lost 3 pounds, but honestly I think that helped me to kill it these most recent 2 months and lose 15 pounds.  Just keep going.  That's my only advice - do not give up because you're worth it.

I'm so happy I can't sit still, so I'm off for a walk now!  I love that my job allows 30 minutes of walking every day (in addition to 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks - which I also utilize for walking many times).  All employers should be doing this for their employees health!

I'll do a February goals post later; but please excuse me for now because I'm off to walk on some sunshine....................   ;) 

31 comments:

  1. That is SO awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! I am in the beginning stages of my journey, I found this post very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!!! You are doing Amazing...I am down 87lbs, but it has been a slow and steady process and 4.5 years to get there....I still have 42 more to go and I will reach that goal no matter how long it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAHOO!!! Go April! You've done so stinking well! I hope to try and catch up to that by March, my 8 month mark. But you are ROCKING It! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put it in my calculator for you and it came out to 65 too! BELIEVE IT! You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a rock star!!!! Great job woman!! And that is so cool about work giving you 30 minutes of walk time. You are right in that all employers should do that.

    Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go!!! Congrats on your 65!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That is just amazing! GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Dance! Happy Dance!

    I'm just grinning from ear to ear for you! And yes, the math is right. I checked it on my engineering calculator. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great news! I'm so happy for you, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job!!! I am very happy for you! The hard work pays off!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES!! Great work!! Way to stick with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! Congratulations April. I´m so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good going!! That is an awesome milestone! The best part? You left those doubters in the dust!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATS!!!!!! WHOOHOOO!!! Keep moving girl!! YOu can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! And: Just how do you keep your hair healthy and shiny? No matter what I do to mine, it looks like the cats chewed on it. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's absolutely BRILLIANT! Well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ellie, the reason you're doing fantastic is because you don't give up no matter what challenges come your way. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is AWESOME! Congrats on such a huge milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent job and through all the turmoil too! You are so rocking it!!

    ReplyDelete