Sunday, December 11, 2011

WI and Weekly Goals

2 weeks ago: 257
Today: 255

What the fizzle?  I've been killin' it for 2 weeks and I lose 2 lousy pounds?!  Eek.  I know there's more to success than the number on the scale, but 1 pound a week when I've been doing the Shred, walking about 45 minutes a day, back at the free gym, no sweets for the last week, no white flour for the last week.... bla.  Buzz kill! 

I moved the scale to three different places thinking it was wrong.  I found the *Sweet Spot* on my bathroom floor, where it said I had weighed 252, haha.  But, 255 came up the other 5 times I stepped on it... so I guess that's what it is.

This Week's Goals:
1. Free gym Monday, Wednesday (another hella busy week at work.... it's killin me)

2. Water: 90 ounces a day.  Non-negotiable.  Ok, maybe some unsweetened herbal iced tea will count too.

3. No White Flour, starches this week

4. 10 Day No Sweets challenge continues. The first day I can have sweets is Thursday.  I am hosting a happy hour at my house that day, but I think I'll stick with the fruit offerings vs. dessert.  We love to have wine and cookies - sugar overload!

5. Alcohol only 1 time this week, that will obviously be scheduled for Thursday.  I've really been drinking a lot lately, like every other day.  Hey, I wonder where the wasted calories are going... not to mention drinking water the next day because I'm dehydrated from the booze vs. just staying hydrated all the time.  The other problem is, I've been drinking a LOT of alcohol each time I drink.  I am pretty sure I blacked out one night last week, I don't remember finishing the night or going to bed.  I haven't done that in a long time (Vegas doesn't count).  Scary.

6. 30 Day shred continues.  I start Level 2 today! 

7. Make 1 new recipe out of one of my many low-cal, low-carb, healthy cooking... type cookbooks.  They're just collecting dust.  I like to get my faves memorized, then pass them on to a friend.  I need to come up with some ideas for holiday get-togethers that are coming up.  I can't show up with broccoli salad every time I go somewhere.  :)

I think that covers the biggies and what I can work into my schedule this week.  Work is kicking my ass, but the tables are turning.  I hope to have my reports done this Friday, which will be wonderful.  One is due at the end of the month, the other isn't due until the end of January.... I'm going to wrap both up this week, sick of wasting my brain on it.

The other night, this song came up on my stereo which was on Shuffle with my Ipod (thousands of songs, but this one was perfect).... I grabbed James and we danced in my living room.  The boy has skills!! :)  It is Ooh La La by Goldfrapp. 

16 comments:

  1. You sound like you are in a much better place, more peace of mind & such:-) Love the song, love that James is there to dance to it with you! Congrats on the weight loss & sticking through it with everything that has been going on. You will beat this thing called obesity, you definitely have what it takes to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total buzz kill indeed. But it will pay off, one way or the other. :) I'm just excited to get home from this trip and do some of the stuff you wrote about the other day, such as vegetable snack packs in my fridge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, two pounds is not bad. Keep going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. two pounds is SOMETHING!!! :) Congrats on a lower number. I hope you get to see that continue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great loss this week! Take it and enjoy it!

    From my experience, it takes your body about 21 days to totally get over a sugar addiction and after that, it is so easy to *not* want sugary foods or drinks. In fact, having anything with sugar may make you feel sick and taste overly sweet. So you may actually be more inclined to have the fruit rather than a sweet dessert for this reason.

    Keep up the good work you're doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you checked your measurements? I bet it shows there since the scale is being stingy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i bet you are putting on muscle -- the whole 30 days i did the shred i only lost not quite 4 lbs but lost 13.5" all around! you know you are rockin' it -- the results WILL show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Def check your measurements! I think you're doing amazingly well, I'm very jealous!

    Dp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be proud of those 2 lbs! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah! I bet it will show up big next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good idea to try out different recipes since it is so easy to get stuck eating the same thing all the time.

    And a two pound loss is two pounds less that two weeks ago. Good for you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got a sweet spot for my scales too haha. I refuse to put it anywhere else unless I see a gain then I move it straight away haha.

    Well done on the loss, it shows your heading in the right direction :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. And yet you make it to the gym after drinking the prev. night?

    Damn young chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. check you out, youre doing an amazing job over there!! Congrats and blow some raspberries at ur scale cuz you know youre kickin ass :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your goals and think you are doing great. I know it is frustrating when the scale doesn't move enough but moving down is a win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, blacking out?! That is NO good, and this is coming from me, your resident party girl. Alternate with water. Or do what I do, drink fast until you get moderately drunk, then switch to water. I don't want you hurting yourself. <3

    ReplyDelete