Thursday, December 8, 2011

General Update

Goals:10 days of no sweets - This started on Monday.  I'm doing well with it, I wanted to chew my arm off the other night, I had a wicked chocolate craving.  Today, another Director brought homemade cinnamon rolls with icing.  That was torture.

Water - On point! 

30 Day Shred - I'm killin' it!  I started on the 1st, so I'm still on Level 1 - but not for long.  I forgot how good it hurts. 

Food - I'm so sick of food.  Sick of planning, chopping, measuring, bla, bla, bla.  Ever feel that way?  I still haven't been tracking, because I suck.

Life in General:
I realized I did not weigh in this week.  Eh, whatev.  I'll do it on Sunday or Monday and post.

My job still rocks, I am actually in a SUPER busy 6 week stretch.  So, I'm also more quiet these days.  Don't worry, I'm soon to be back to full time slackin' here.  ;)  My end of the year reports and data are coming out on point and I think my federal reps will be very happy.  I really kind of kick ass, in case you didn't know. 

    James is fuckin' amazing.  We spend 3 or 4 nights of the week together.  I put up my tree and when he came over, we finished decorating it.  He came over last night wearing a hat with a mistletoe on it, he is such a goob it's ridiculous.  His company Christmas party is tomorrow in a town 3 hours away and he had already asked his sister to go with him, which I find to be so sweet.  His sis is recently divorced and a single Mom of 3 kids.  She never gets to do anything, what a nice brother, huh? 
    I do want the exercise bike soon, so I can get up at 5 and do that for about 20 minutes or so to start my day.  I used to do the Shred in the morning, but I'm not about to do that when James is there.  Poor guy will think an earthquake struck South Dakota.  He doesn't get up until he has to, very last minute.  It annoys the crap out of me, but then I get butterflies thinking there's a dreamy man in my bed while I'm minding my business making coffee and putting my make-up on.  He rolls out of bed in time to shower, dress, have 1 cup of coffee and head out the door.  He does scrape the frost off my windows and heat up my car for me, which is so sweet.  It's the kind, loving little things that make me melt into a puddle over him and he's full of 'em. 
     I am blessed that he came when he did, because I needed a reminder that life can be good and I can be happy and loved.  I tell him stuff like that, but try not to get too crazy sounding so I don't scare him. LOL

Any thoughts on this:
I saw an old friend of mine yesterday.  I would say she probably weighed more than I started at (311).  She was probably around 340.  I saw her yesterday and she looked like she had lost a bunch of weight, so we talked about it.  She said, yeah I lost 37 pounds in 3 weeks with the book "The 17 Day Diet".  I've read about it, but never really looked into it.  She said you just follow some list of foods.  She said she did it in September and hasn't lost any more, but hasn't gained any back.  She is going to go back on it in hopes of losing another 15 pounds before Christmas.  Hmm....

12 comments:

  1. I'm personally not a great fan of short term diet plans but sometimes I think it's a good idea for people to do them to get into the habit of dieting otherwise some people just wouldn't do it at all.

    If they find they're successful short term then maybe their mentality will change and they'll be more willing to attempt it in the long term and not get put off by how long it normally takes to lose a lot of weight.

    Good luck to her!

    Good to see your doing well on your 10 day challenge. We can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known a lot of people who had done the 17 day diet with great results, but I have no idea if it last. I am with Tim I don't think quick diets are the way to go, but you know what you need to do , and what you can and can't handle. You have got this no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually researching the 17 Day Diet now. I have never done an actual weight loss program, but have read that this is great for people dealing with hypothyroid. It is actually 3 cycles of 17 days, and then a separate maintenance phase. I think beginning is cycle 2 it is very much a carb cycling program which I have also read good things about. Still wanting to do more research. I kept hoping the library would buy the book, but I think I will be purchasing it soon. There is a ton of info about it online...and have ever read some people follow it in combo with WW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No No No - April don't let those quick fix things suck you in. Even if they work or not - you are doing this, you don't need a quick push to make you feel better. You are feeling better and looking better everyday in the right kind of way. Thanks for the update on everything - glad to hear that you are doing beating the sweet demons on that 10 day goal!!

    MO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am convinced that the TV is sending me subliminal food messages. I only recently started watching it again and boom I am hungry all the time. Stay away from the TV or any food ads. They are possessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't get sucked in by the gimmicks. You know what works, you know what doesn't. On another note - I am so totally happy for you & James. Pics or it didn't happen, please. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey chickie-poo -- don't you dare go there with a fad diet -- you know better. the weight comes off quick but ALWAYS comes back & brings like 10 or so of it's asshole friends along!

    i know this from vasssssssssst experience!

    you are the right path -- healthy diet & exercise & you are rockin' it! don't be detoured by a *quick fix*!

    so happy that the *james thang* is going so amazingly -- you deserve every nano second of happiness!

    xxoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The James thing is super great! I'm so glad you've found a sweet guy.

    quick fix weight loss is sketchy. You've been doing so well with out that. Just keep eating well and moving. Slowly but surely and less likely to have bounce back flab returning. Doesn't princess always talk about consistency? Quick fix is not consistency. But you make your decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely get sick of preparing food, thinking about healthy choices instead of just throwing a bunch of things in my bag to eat during the day at work. I eat the same thing most days so I don't have to think about it and don't risk eating way too many carbs to fill up. Wish I could get back into exercise like you're smashing through the work outs, I'm really stagnent at the moment in that department...maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  10. James. Scrapes the frost, shows up with a mistletoe hat and is kind to his sister when she needs it and does not dump her to be with you. Yeah. Love that guy. Truly.

    Some days I freaking HATE measuring. But I do it. Sometimes I can eye it, but I don;t do that too often because I like to lie to myself (especially if there are dried fruits or nuts involved). I also like to miscount chips and count lots of cracked ones as one. I am completely untrustworthy.

    High five for sticking to the knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. James rocks! As for the 17 day diet.... you know, I never try to knock what works for people but I always say you have to know that it's not a lifetime thing and learn how to keep it off. I've been through many in my sorted dieting past so I think I can speak from experience, as they probably can also if they are honest with themselves, so you know... you pass on some advice but be supportive cause at least she's doing something right??

    ReplyDelete