Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Goal Jeans Idea

I had my goals jeans hanging on my fridge on a hanger, they are still there.  I tried them on this morning, they button- but wow, hello spare tire!  They will take another 15-20 pounds I think, which is what I originally thought.  The fact that they button is a small miracle, they were about 4 inches away from the button and the opening even reaching each other.  SO, anyhow!  When I tried them on this morning, I put my hands in the pockets to feel the fit of them (very tight).... there was a $50 bill in them.  I was like, what the?!  I was standing in the kitchen trying them on and staring all confused at the money and James walks out of the bathroom from being in the shower, laughed and said - "surprise!".  I said, "what, you're responsible for this money?".  He said, "Instead of being a tooth fairy, it's like a skinny fairy.  I figured when you fit the jeans the way you want, you can go get your nails done or something to complete the sexy look".  What a great idea!  Who would have thought to stash money in the pockets of jeans you don't fit? 

He said he put the money in there in the first couple days we met, after asking why on earth there were jeans hanging on the fridge.  I never thought about it, because I've always been doing this for ME... but knowing that I have a gorgeous man picturing me in my super cute goal jeans makes me want to get there even more.  Especially now that he's seen me in them with belly bursting everywhere, yikes.  I need to erase that image from his mind.  I have the $50 tucked back into the tiny little pocket on the jeans.  Very cool! 

I don't recall the exact conversation about the jeans, but he said he asked why they were there because it was odd and didn't I have a closet in the house....... He said that I said, "They're there because I'm a major fat ass, but not for much longer.  I'm going to fit them, soon".  He told me that I say stuff like that about once a week and he is starting to like it less and less because he likes me more and more.  Uh, reality check.  Negative self talk is not attractive.  Working on it.......

21 comments:

  1. I like him more and more! What a great idea. And go you for getting them buttoned up. They'll be fitting perfectly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I bet that motivated you to kick it in to high gear. You will rock those jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great guy! He will put everything into the perspective. He sounds like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cool!!!! What a great treat, new jeans and a makeover too!! Takes courage to put a pair of jeans up where all are going to see - especially on the fridge!! Such a great motivator you came up with!!

    MO

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, he's so fab! I'm a little jealous. That's an awesome idea (and totally not one I would EVER expect a guy to come up with, lol). Also- THEY BUTTON!!! Woooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so cool of him. Points for James!

    I like the idea of, if one's goal outfit has pockets, slipping in money that can only be used when it fits. Well, I guess if it doesn't have a pocket, one can pin on some money. :D

    Happy goal-making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!

    Has he got a twin? haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. definitely a sweet thing to do -- kudos james!

    but woohoo for you & buttoning the skinny jeans! i haven't tried mine on lately -- i'm too chicken shit... lol!

    keep it up girlie & you know you will be in those jeans with ease in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go girl! You are doing so awesome! I am really starting to like James...he sounds like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW @ James......I am at a loss for words, and let me tell you that doesn't happen ever.....the fact that he even thought of doing that gives me hope for mankind yet.....lol

    and congrats for doing up the button, muffin top or not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the $50 idea almost as much as hanging the jeans on the fridge:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!

    Cool idea - I'm going to use and adapt it. In absence of my own creative and thoughtful "jeans fairy" - I'll put a note to myself for when I'm back in the Mavi's (or maybe a fiver for lunch).

    Oh and not to bring up a negative this shows a generous side that contrasts his gift exchange amount suggestion...so maybe he did just want to keep it simple at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! That is so stinking COOL of him

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cutie patootie!! I love that he is so supportive of you and has faith in you getting in those jeans. He rocks in that respect for sure:-) My problem is that money is tight so if I knew I had some in the pockets I'd have to go scavenging for it early... LOL! As for the negative talk not being attractive, that's so true but oh so hard to stop! I also have to work on that:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely post!

    About a month ago I bought two pairs of jeans which I thought were the same size. One pair fitted well as they were stretch, the others were rigid. I couldn't get over my thighs properly. I tried them today and they now pull up properly. I think I need to lose 3 or 4 inches off my middle to do them up comfortably and without the spare tyre you mentioned!!! But that is my goal for spring! I WILL be wearing those jeans once the weather gets warmer. I can do it and so will you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this guy! And the $50 is a great idea! I have to agree with the negative self-talk though, it really isn't attractive. Although I guess it depends on how you phrase it. Because saying that "this is me now, but I WILL get better" can't be a bad thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I am in LOVE with James. He sees you for what you are. Now he wants you to.

    Give him a hug for me.

    On the jeans note: A few weeks back I tried on my goal jeans that do NOT hang on my fridge. I got them up and the bottom button done and tried to do the rest. In that time I guess my fat settled into the jeans because I could NOT get the button undone and could NOT get the effing jeans off. I started to panic. I laid on the bed and tried to undo them. Nope. So I screamed out for Mr. Munchberry to help me. He had to get above me on the other side of the bed and pull my pants up like a wedgy and THEN I got them off. I was seriously closs to getting the jaws of life and cutting myself out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That really is a great idea! And sweet too. I'm glad he's getting through to you on the negative thoughts about yourself. That kind of thinking is very destructive and you are too awesome to do that to yourself!

    ReplyDelete