Monday, November 21, 2011

Weigh In

Nov 14: 261
Nov 21: 257

4 pounds down, I'll take it.  This time, I will never see the stupid 260's again.  Like, ever.  Neva eva.

I exercised a lot and I'm a little sore, but I love that feeling.  I'm super tired, so here are some articles I've been cruising this morning and really enjoy:

http://liveboldandbloom.com/02/lifestyle/12-small-changes-in-a-12-hour-day-for-a-healthy-lifestyle

http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/category/health-and-fitness/

Anything on the pickthebrain site's Health and Fitness section is usually a good read. 

http://tradingpounds.com/11/how-to-heal-the-broken-relationship-with-yourself/

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workout-builder

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-drinks/best-low-calorie-cocktails-fall
*I am a lush and we all know it.  If you haven't tried the Whipped Cream flavored vodka by Smirnoff, you're missing out.  It is amazing.  SO delicious.

Goals for this Week:
1. Finish the Spark book (Only a couple chapters left, will post some info from it eventually)
2. Walk at work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for at least 30 minutes.  (We are off Thurs & Fri for Thanksgiving)
3. Drink 90 ounces of water per day
4. Work out for 90 minutes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (either gym or DVDs at home)
5. Start reading the Dr. Phil book about weight loss
6. Pack!  I am moving out of my amazingly cute little house at the end of November and will be staying with a family member.  Tough decision, but with all things considered, it was the best choice.
7. Eat only 1 dessert on Thanksgiving.  Skip carb filled side dishes.  Only have 1 dinner roll (They're amazing). 
8. Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.  I haven't been sleeping much these days.
9. Track calories..... I suck at this lately and keep guessing like I did when I first started.  One day I was adding them up and the calories got to be about 1600, so I started telling myself that the scrambled eggs didn't really count so I subtracted the calories from the total.  What?  I'm a lunatic who needs accountability.

10. Do not blow more than $300 on Black Friday.  I am a shopaholic.......... It's bad.  I think I'll take only the $300 cash with me and not my debit or credit cards, because I've been known to buy things just for the sake of buying them.  One time, there was some children's toy and it was the LAST one in the mad rush and this lady was running for it, so just to be a jerk I grabbed it and bought it.  I don't even remember what it was.  I have no children or no nieces and nephews that needed or wanted that toy.  It sat in my closet for like two months before I donated it to work for children who were in the foster care system.  I did that with a set of bed sheets too, this lady was diving for the last King size super luxurious sheet set, usually about $350 - on sale for $59.  You know I grabbed it and then smirked at her and headed on my way to do some more damage and break some more spirits, just to be a jerk and to WIN.  I WIN this amazing toy which is useless to me and I WIN these awesome sheets that don't fit my bed or anybody's bed that I know.
* One time, I grabbed the last of a toy (which I did need for a gift) and a lady started crying saying she wished she could have bought it.  I could tell she was only getting things on sale because it's what she could afford.  I left with it anyway, then I saw her at the checkout.  She had three things and she paid with cash.  You could tell she had budgeted specifically for these sales.  I bought the toy, then gave it to her in the parking lot.  I'm not a total wench, but I do like to WIN at the Black Friday shopping. 

Gosh, I'm tired.  I need to get a coffee refill.........

16 comments:

  1. I have never been shopping on black friday, But this year, Old Navy has some deals that I am going to check out, but probably not until after lunch time when the insanity has died down and I can be the cheery well rested pregnant girl who smiles at all of the sleep deprived loonies as they grumble about waiting in lines.

    Good for you for giving that toy to the lady, that was a nice thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate black Friday. I can't handle all of those people p pushing and shoving and being complete jerks. I do think it's really nice that you gave that lady the you in the parking lot. I'm kind of a lush too. The best thing to do with whipped cream vodka is to mix it with root beer and add just a little whipped cream on top. It tastes just like a root beer float! Congratulations on your big loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try whipped cream vodka with diet orange dry soda...it tastes exactly like a creamsicle! NO LIE!

    Black Friday is awesome but I'm not rabid about it. And this year I did all my holiday shopping in Ireland so I'm done! So I get to splurge a little bit on myself. I'm going with my cousin, we're awesome shoppers ;) So it will be fun! Best of luck to you!! And congrats on the big loss! WOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My drink of choice in my club/bar running days was white Russians. I bet the whipped cream vodka would make that baby taste even better. Being that I was always a light weight, 3 was my limit. If I drank more I would be crying Ralph! It is a shame to my Irish heritage on my daddy's side. Now a days, I try to revel in the fact that I don't drink hardly. It is almost whacked that I have this need to outlive my past rep. Now if I go Karaoke...it is on, though! I know I am a rock star when I got a couple of drinks in me! LOL

    One of these years I will get a handle on planning for the holidays. I have never shopped a Black Friday. I have been in Toys R Us on Dec. 24th. It was funny. I said, "So there are a bunch of last minute Santas, ey?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great loss-you go girl! I'm with ya on trying not to blow too much money on Black Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome loss!

    And wow - regarding the Black Friday bedsheets and the toy. It was a win - win, you bought the toy but you were so generous to give it away to the lady in the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS, BABE!!!!

    I'm a shopaholic, too. I blew $340 at Whole Foods. Yeah, the organic, grass-fed, yadda yadda stuff sure is expensive. It racks up fast. I need to become a better shopper. I suck at it.

    Here's to you just getting on to your dream weight. I know you'll make it. Muah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your loss! Goodbye 260's for good!
    Black Friday...no thank you, I will stay home in my jammies and read about all you crazies LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the loss! That's super!

    Black Friday got introduced over in the UK last year via the Amazon Website. Everyone went crazy and bought everything but then realised that it wasn't actually very good stuff and people just got caught up in the moment.

    Personally I can't be arsed with all that, it's too much effort!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you hun! I'm so glad you stuck with it, and really have kicked it up a notch by the sound of things. I knew you'd dig those fabulous heels in and just get back down to business.

    xx

    www.inanityandthegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. whipped cream flavored vodka?!?! IS THIS REAL LIFe?!?! NEEEEED TO FIND!. i think thats a combo of my two favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I work on Black Friday & am grateful for that cause shopping in that mess would make me cranky for sure.... LOL! That was nice of you to give that woman the item though, so sweet:-). Awesome loss this week & it seems like you working things out & finding your focus in your chaos that is life right now so that is good. You got this girl:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great loss, good for you. Dont be a grinch though. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great loss! This year, for the very first time, I am going to brave the Black Friday madness. To get a big screen TV. God help us all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE LOVE Black Friday. I have bought a toy just because everyone else wanted it as well. I was 8 months pregnant and after the furry there was one left on the ground so I wobbled over to it and walked with it between my legs until I found my sister, my hand were full.

    I am not mean about it though, when zhu zhu pets were sold out everywhere, I had bought one and this dad brought his five kids with him to Toys R Us by himself to get his only daughter one and I heard how excited she was about getting one, so I gave her the one I bought.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the huge weight loss! I´m happy for you. I LOVE shopping too, so it´s good we don´t have black friday´s here, or else....

    ReplyDelete