Friday, October 21, 2011

Cabbage Soup = Success

I made the cabbage soup and it's working like a charm, I love cabbage soup actually.  It has cabbage, carrots, onion, stewed tomatoes, cayenne pepper and chicken broth.  I also bought a few cans of red kidney beans.  I rinsed the beans and put them in a big container with water, set them in the fridge.  I take a cup of soup to heat and add 1/4 c. of the beans for protein.  I often keep a big stash of beans ready to throw on salads or even in omelettes.  I checked today and I am still 2.5 pounds up since my Vegas vacation.  Bummer.  Live and learn?!  Hopefully. 

The cravings are still there, but not as crazy as they were.  I've been on cabbage soup for about 36 hours, I planned it for 72.  Then back into normal day's worth of food - eggs, Fage, soup, salads.... normal, healthy, tasteful foods.  Not that my cabbage soup isn't tasty, it is just on repeat a little too much.

I finally got back on the exercise train last night too.  I was TOO tired.  I'd been coming in to work at 10am vs. 8am on Tues & Weds.  I slept 12 hours every night, finally last night just 10 hours.  I didn't sleep much for 5 days while on vacation.  I was one wild party girl, now I'm paying for it.  Last night I walked 2 miles and did 30 day Shred Level 1.  Tonight is last chance workout, more walking and house cleaning.  Move, move, move.  Shake it, shake it, shake it.  ;)

Oh yeah, non-supportive friend of the day.... Last night a friend called and said she wanted to go out for dinner, T-bone steak dinner was a good price at a local steak house.  I said, no I came back with hell to pay from my trip and I'm eating cabbage soup, get something to eat and come over.  She said, 'Well, why?  Your vacation is over, so why do you care if you lose any more weight?  You can quit dieting now that you already lived it up on vaca'.  Ummm let me think, so I don't die when I'm 40?  Jerk.

17 comments:

  1. People can be so effing clueless. Good for you for not letting her warped logic affect you. Also--good for you for eating cabbage soup for 72 hours. Yucko. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. More power to ya on the cabbage soup. I don't think..no I couldn't do it. Some people don't understand, especially if they don't have any excess weight. Good for you for not giving in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like said friend is either A) one of those skinny peeps who's always been skinny and just doesn't get it, or B) an unhealthy person who lives by the "misery loves company" motto.

    Either way, great job sticking to your guns! Some folks just don't get, or don't want to get it though they really need to get a clue themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the cabbage soup. Try not to fart because after 72 hours of cabbage soup, it could be lethal! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What! How weird your friend reacted to your healthy choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Tim's comment is great!! I totally couldn't do that for even 1 meal I don't think! Never had it though, so many! Good luck with the rest of the time you are on it..

    As far as your friend, she obviously doesn't understand that you weren't just crash dieting but changing how you live!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have friends JUST LIKE THIS. I even have friends who make it a personal insult that I don't want to eat out every weekend and that I don't want to drink all my calories for the day lol!

    Good for you for not giving in! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the most illogical reply to that question. What? Is your friend always that dumb, or do you sense a sort of enabling, 'I'd rather she go pig out with me, dammit" thing?

    Very odd.

    I'd add some more protein to that--maybe toss a boiled egg in the soup--but veggies and protein is a surefire way to get back on track.

    later, babe...

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is it that you always seem to find the Dora Downers of the world? LOL

    Just ignore them. You are going to do this! You just need to do your thing one day at a time! I'm over here cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ignore her. Maybe she just wasn't thinking. My mama has done that too. She's tired of me watching what I'm eating, she wants to go out and eat and have me with her but I can't do that so I invite her over here but it's not the same she says.
    You are doing awesome. Keep it up. And I like your cabbage soup idea. It sounds like it'll be easier to get back into the swing of things without the cravings.
    Have a great weekend. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's unfortunate that your friend behaved that way, but good for you for sticking with your plan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh you have frenemies too?
    gotta love 'em!

    i adore cabbage soup -- sounds a lot like weight watchers zero point soup!

    rock on with that workout too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, silly people. Don't worry. You know what the right thing to do is and you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. guess she doesn't get that it's not a dieting thing... It's a lifestyle change thing. More power to you! Congrats on saying no! That's my super weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe some people. But good for you for saying no.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes people do not want you to lose weight. So many reasons why - but non of them are good for you. The reasons or the people - unless they shape up!

    You know what - I think that cabbage soup diet is a good way to jump back into things - get's reoriented towards eating right - shrinks the stomach. I make a rendition of it because I like it, not for diet's sake. I like that you add the beans in right before you eat so you know how many calories you are getting (that's why right?). I sometimes add garbanzos and try to tell myself that I only had like 7 or 8 when I probably had a 1/2 c. I am awesome at self delusion!

    Yeah, I am still going to be pissed at your friend for a while. Probably long after you get over it. : )

    ReplyDelete