Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Help!!

Yes, this is my third blog post today.  I was gone for almost a week, you don't expect me to be quiet, do you?!

Actually, I'm really struggling today and was yesterday.  I hadn't eaten certain foods for a while and if I did - it was like 1 time a month, felt guilty, worked out.... moved on.  I don't see THAT much of a problem with it, it fits well in my 'Progress, not perfection' mindset and it's worked for me 50 pounds so far.....  However, while in Vegas for 5 days, I ate something off plan EVERY DAY.  Now, I am craving crap.  I was sitting here at work and spaced out while thinking, I should go to my sister's and have her make me a peanut butter jelly sandwich on old school white Wonder bread.  What the hell?!  I also thought, man some of those fried potato wedges drowned in ketchup sounds amazing right now.  EEEEEHHHHH, wrong answer!  And finally, I can't wait to go get a breakfast pizza and some cheesy hashbrowns for breakfast tomorrow!!!  HECK NO. 

I get cravings, don't get me wrong.  We all do.  The vast majority of the time, I can ignore them.  This is crazy though, I need it like a crack head needs rock.  I seriously feel like a carb and grease fiend.  These are all really wicked and poisonous trigger foods.  My weekend was like a circus of gateway drugs back into obesity (Oh wait, I'm still in obesity...). 

Yesterday, I didn't eat much because I was so tired.  I went to my nephew's birthday party and ate the food, but skipped the cake (grilled burger, macaroni salad).  Today, I was ravenous for sugar and grease ALL day.  Breakfast I had a Special K protein shake and some coffee.  Lunch I had fried chicken and a white dinner roll.  For a snack, I was about to go get some Cheetos for real and decided to eat a banana, drink almost a liter of water and write this blog post.   This sucks.

I think after work I'll go buy some veggies and make a big pot of cabbage soup.  I do love it, it's very colorful and hearty even with no meat.  I think I need it as a detox tool.  I'll have that most of the time and maybe scrambled eggs for breakfast.  I'm really struggling.  I am now coming out of my Sin City fog and realizing that what happened in Vegas didn't all stay in Vegas  - it came back attached to my ass and it's not welcome.  It's such a mind fuck too, I just keep thinking about food.  I was going to get a cup of coffee this morning and I thought - mmm I should make a cup of hot chocolate instead, it's sweeter and I can put marshmallows in it!  I was so excited about this idea, then I stopped for a second to think about what plan I was about to execute.  No good.  Idiot!  I had coffee, black.

Ha, as I was finishing this post the secretary came in and handed me a gift certificate for a 'free buffet' in honor of Boss' Day since I'm the Program Director.  Shoot me.

19 comments:

  1. Girl you don't need that stuff!! I ate like crap like I told you in my blog and it did nothing but make me sick!! I don't crave it, thankfully! I always crave weird shit, like Brussels sprouts or a baked potato because I can't have those things on plan. Try a cauliflower pizza like I have had, or making alternative to your cravings....Hungry girl has an amazing eat this not that type of thing, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and fight it. In a few days the cravings will subside. Don't give in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you've got stalkers visiting your blog 20 odd times a day, it's because of all the blog posts you're writing hehe!

    Just out of interest, what is a breakfast pizza? Is it just cold pizza from the night before or is it actually a hot pizza but for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly why I tell folks going off plan on vacation is a very, very BAD IDEA. Because the cravings return and then you have to fight like hell to get to sanity. It's scientific. It's neural pathways. It's old desires/habits re-invigorated. Now, you'll need to rehabituate...and as i'm learning, rehabituating after leaving 1200 calories is hard. I'm not eating crap at ALL...but just loosening the reins means struggle.

    Soup is genius. Make a healthful, low cal veggie soup that is on the bland side (seriously, it will help if you go BLAND for a while to calm the senses), with some protein for satiety. Eat that when the cravings go nuts. One cup at a time with water or a non-caloric beverage.

    I need to make a veggie soup. Been lazy, but that used to work great for me in the past. Need to do that again. I had a can of soup, 1/2 Mon and 1/2 Tuesday, just to get in the habit again. Liquids in soup form do help, as do the micronutrients in fresh veggies (or frozen).

    This is reality. Going off plan for vacation means a fight after vacation. I've seen it time and time again on blogs, and sometimes, people get crazy for weeks and months trying to get back on plan.

    thank you for your honest blog. It may help the next person in the challenge or fatfighting know that this is how it goes and why it's important to be vigilant, even when one is sightseeing. :D

    Hugs...it will pass....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soup sounds yummy! I know you can stay strong-especially because we both know your gonna be skinny for Vegas come April!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Increasing your veggies will definitely help with those cravings. 5 days of eating stuff you haven't eaten on a regular basis can take you 2 weeks to get out of your system. Lucky for you, it's really a mental craving and not physical. Hopefully remembering that will make it easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww sweety. You can get through this... You just have to re-re0train yourself and ur body. Just get back 2 ur old normal. You can do it. It may take a few days but you will get back to ur journey. Keep it positive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hate how nobody else has the true answer, don't you? lol Like I posted earlier about my insatiable hunger.. im really not craving bad foods, I'm just craving food in general. Like a bottomless pit. I'll tell you though when I have carb overload one day I definitley feel it the next.. I make sure to get in more protein for the next day and a half and of course loads of veggies. It tends to balance me out but you do have to fight the cravings... fight, fight and fight!!!!!!!! otherwise you know how the domino effect kicks in. Next thing u know, we're up 4-5 pounds and kicking ourselves after when we should be kicking ourselves during :0) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HEAR YOU! I fell off plan this weekend. Didn't track. gained 3.5 lbs. Missed some work outs. Now I feel like I'm starting all over again. From scratch. Like I never dieted before this. I'm a vacuum.

    Trying to regroup and remember where that fire came from before. I'm guessing as the work outs pick up, I'll get reignited. Until then. Game plan. Game plan. Game plan. Leaving my debit card at home. Packing lunches and walking to the grocery story tonight for produce.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all have cravings. What works for me is to have a few snacks handy (100 cals or less). I try REALLY hard to chew and eat them slowly. Taste them. You will get past this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep fighting April....you are strong, just keep fighting. Make the soup, in fact that's on my to do list tomorrow, veggie soup. Good luck. Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe you could do a few more days of your veggies, fruits, and nuts plan just to get the junk out of your system. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is no answer to give you. Every one here can offer advice and suggestions all day. But in the end it will depend solely on you and that pesky little thing called willpower.

    You went on vacation, you deviated from the healthy path and now it's time to get back on track. You're stronger than the crap. And unless you want to add those 50 lbs back that you have already lost...then deep down you already know what to do.

    Vacation is over. Think about those jeans you want to zip up. Think about Vegas in April. Think about wearing a sexy dress out. Think about not wanting to be handed that seat belt extension on your next plane ride. Think about not being dead before you're 50. If that's not enough to make you want to stop eating crap, I don't know what is. You got this girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My advice is just save a couple hundred calories for the "crap" you crave. I always save at least 100-200 calories a day for my favorite chocolate. I know it's hard....I still have cravings for things I know I shouldn't have but I just don't give in anymore. If I go to the gym or go for a walk than I totally forget about the craving. I know that you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Step away from all that crap - you don't need it! And if you eat it, your body will feel it. Just focus on the big picture, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hang in there, you can do it! Just push through the cravings, it'll settle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have to de-carb yourself basically is what I call it, the first few days are tough but just stick to it the cravings go away and get easier. Stay strong and don't give into temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope your day today is going better. Having those cravings suck!! Wishing you the best and may your body obey your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally feel you here. Any time I am off my plan and give in to the "good stuff", it takes days for the cravings to go away. The cabbage soup is a great idea. Can you add some browned ground turkey to it to make it a little more substantial (that's how i like my cabbage/veggie soups). It's just going to be a fight for a few days, but you can do this girl! You had a great time, but don't let it derail you back home.... "What happens in Vegas" is suppose to stay in vegas... ;)

    ReplyDelete