Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Vitamin B smells funny....


This is the Vitamin B supplement I've been taking for a couple weeks.  I used to take a different brand from Walmart that was pink, it was fine.  These were on sale so I bought two bottles.  I feel good when taking them and everything, however there is one problem!  They smell like FARM STORE.  I am from the Midwest and the scent of farm store is very... distinct.  I noticed it when I opened the bottle, but just kept on taking them considering I already had a 3 month supply of them!  I keep them in my top drawer of my night stand and this past week I have noticed that when I open the drawer, the weird smell fills the whole area.  My friend came in my bedroom last night and we were talking, so I decided to ask him his opinion.  We were sitting in the bed visiting and I told him to pay attention to tell me if he noticed anything different when I opened the drawer.  He thought I was nuts.  I opened it and a couple minutes later he said, what's in there.  I pushed him to tell me what he thought it was - he said it smelled like hay bales!  I took the bottle out to the kitchen and left it, it is starting to gross me out.  How can a closed bottle of vitamins make the room smell so icky?  I think I'm going to ditch these because it's just too weird.  I could easily keep them in a different room, but I still feel a little queasy when I open the bottle.  Nobody wants to eat farm store.......... Any good Vitamin B recommendations that don't channel memories of horse feed and rawhide? 

12 comments:

  1. I feel like hay bales would smell nice, but my only farm experience is of the Laura Ingalls Wilder variety, haha. All the multivitamins I've ever come across smell weird so I just try to throw 'em back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is weird. i always thought that vitaimin B smelled funny though. I know it made me smell funny when i sweated but my mom sent me off to camp with it one year and said it would keep mosquitos away. it seemed to work just fine though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the way vitamins smell!! I take them anyway! Hope you find some new ones that won't gross you out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't smell them from here (lol), but I'll bet it's the riboflavin, which has a distinct, odd smell and gets stronger as time goes on. Nature's Bounty isn't a bad brand, so I wouldn't worry about that. I tend to spend a little more on vitamins because some deliver the drugs more efficiently and completely than others. If I think I'm taking in 100 mg. of riboflavin, I damn sure don't want to learn that the tablet isn't degrading properly and I'm only getting 67 mg.!

    Expensive ones that are excellent are Solgar, Thompson, and Twinlab, among others. However, I often buy the generic form in a pharmacy brand. Those are usually manufactured by quality companies and bottled under the drugstore's name. I don't purchase regular stores' brands (Target, Walmart, Costco, etc.).

    Good luck with your farm vitamins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sure I've never quite had that odor from a bottle of vitamins before. LOL BestSonInLawEVER carries the vitamins we take and THEY STINK! And you can taste them when you burp too...but we did get used to it. Not sure about the vitamin B though- I get those from Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol I laughed so hard

    "Nobody wants to eat farm store"

    Aint that the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm. That does sound strange. What about trying Vitamin World or GNC?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I take these too the other weird thing is they make your pee neon colored lol I know tmi I just try to deal with them they work great

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up!! I used to take a multivitamin that smelled like what I would say was "horse feed" so I totally get it, and I had to stop taking them because the smell would gag me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I thought I was the only one that had an issue with the smell of vitamins! I have an issue taking any sort of pills really but vitamins are worse because of the smell & taste! I can't get myself to take them daily no matter how I try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ex will notice you as a potential dating partner, not like, Hey baby, can I get my ex back, you need to do.
    No, I do NOT how do i get a girlfriend in bars, shopping malls, coffee shops, bookstores.
    Easy to apply, affordable, dentist recommended, and produce noticeable results in just weeks.


    Feel free to surf to my website: how do you get a girlfriend (http://Howtogetagirlefriend.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moron. That is what vitamin B is supposed to smell like. If it doesn't smell like that then you are getting ripped off.

    ReplyDelete