Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Doing well!

Still a bit mentally drained, but work calmed down and will be fine.  My life at work has been chaotic for a couple weeks, I think things are going to be okay now.  I feel good about it.  Positive thinking helps.  I dreaded coming to work because I knew everything was screwed up and dramatic.  I would pull into the parking lot and think, "This is lousy, I wish I didn't have to go in there".  I would sit in the car and stare at the building.  I changed that around this week even with deadlines pressing and drama/rumors running rampant and it has made a world of difference.  I just *think positive thoughts and don't allow a negative comment from someone else to derail my day or attitude.  Just.Move.Forward.   

Vacation to Vegas is 3 weeks away from tomorrow.... :) 

I got up at 5am and did the 30 day Shred.  Man, that felt so damn good.  I am going to do it again this evening.  I can catch up to the challenge!

I will post pics of my shirt for the Christmas Dress challenge hopefully this weekend.  I have a lot of catching up on blogs to do.

I have a friend staying with me for a little while since I'm paranoid after my windshield was bashed out for no apparent reason!  I'm lucky to have him protecting me (ha!) and having company in the evenings has been wonderful. 

*Water = no problems.  At least 90 ounces a day, still!
*Calories = I still suck at tracking but haven't had much of an appetite for the last 10 days.
*Exercise = going pretty strong considering I just had a hospitalization this past weekend.  I feel 100% today!  Thank you for all the well wishes, prayers and positive energy!
*Reading = I am reading The Spark by Chris Downie - I mean, that is my book for the challenge but I haven't started it yet.  I brought it with me to work today and will read it on my breaks and get in the groove of the book.  It looks excellent and has really good reviews.

#17 on my 30x30 list has commenced!  I will eat only fruits, veggies, nuts, water and tea.  This goes from today through October 1!!!  :)  I stocked up on them last Friday when I was going to start and have been eating primarily that for the last couple days anyhow (not going to waste all that money spent on it!) and I already feel better!  

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing well! Keep up the great work on your goals, you have a wonderful list!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm looking forward to reading more of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a good attitude - that is wonderful! Don't let that work BS take it's toll on you. Stay positive!! I'm happy you are still shredding it!! (me too!) Even more so is how impressed I am with you willing to do it twice in one day - holy crap - that is some dedication! Technically I think today is supposed to be the last day for Level One but I don't really know where others stand with the challenge and if we are all on schedule. No big deal if not - just wondering if I should kill myself to get to Level 2 on time???
    Glad you have some "home reinforcements" with the friend staying with you - that windshield thing was scary!
    Let us know how the fruits/veggies/nuts/tea diet works. I imagine you'll be feeling cleansed in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear yo are feeling better & getting right back to the exercise, I admire that! I know what you mean on te whole positivity thing, it definitely makes a difference in life when you look at it in that light rather than the darkness of negativity:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that looking at a situation differently can make all the difference. You've done the best thing you can do. When you can't change what's going on, you can change your reaction to it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling 100% already!! And hey, what's wrong with have a little company once in a while? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your 30x30 task. You can definitely do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally impressed at how you're making a crap situation better. The positive thinking is not nonsense--it works. It works if we re-visualize the situation we're in. Good for you!

    I'm really sorry so many things hit at once and that this has been a toll on your body and peace of mind. But you will overcome. Thanks for updating...and here's to you emerging stronger, leaner and into a happier stretch of weeks and months with no bad stuff happening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great attitude, you can accomplish anything thinking that way

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I know you've had a crazy/awful week so this was probably in no way a priority for you, but you missed the linky for the dress challenge goal post. Given what's happened I can understand why, but if you're not going to weigh in this week, could you link up your goal post on Monday when everyone does their first weigh in? Alternatively, if you don't fancy doing the challenge anymore then let me know and I'll take you off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are feeling better. You mindset sounds awesome. I know you are excited about Vegas. I "BET" you are going to have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I second Princess Dieter's comment that positive thinking works and I am glad that you have a friend staying with you after the windshield incident, that would have shaken anyone...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, I see, no problem then! I may have mixed it up myself! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete