Sunday, September 25, 2011

CDCC Update 9/25/11

June 6 weight: 311
Sept 11 weight: 272
Sept 25 weight: 264

*270 was a goal weight, with my reward being an iTunes card.  My ipod was stolen on Friday, so um I don't know.  I think I'll make it a $25 Amazon gift card, so I can start saving for my new ipod.  I also redeemed my rewards points from my bank account yesterday and ordered $70 in gift cards from Amazon.  That puts me at $95 towards a new Ipod Touch.  Things are looking up.... :)

8 pounds lost in 2 weeks.  Week 1 I was very ill, had a tonsil infection and couldn't swallow.  Week 2 I was recovering from illness and a hospitalization.  I recently started my fruits-veggies-nuts-tea only challenge (self challenge) on Wednesday Sept 21.  8 pounds in 2 weeks at this point isn't all that normal, but I'll take it.  It's a good jump start to the challenge overall, even though it was partially due to illness!

Here is the shirt I want to fit in... don't laugh at how bad it looks now! 

This is a size 18/20 from Cato.  It isn't cotton and I look like a sausage stuffed in a casing, huh?  Notice how on the bottom the buttons are about to pop right off that sucker.  The shirt is adorable and I found it on clearance years ago and of course, never fit it.  It still had the tags on, so I took them off today because I will be wearing it soon!  I can stand up while I have it on, but if I sat down I do believe it would rip out and the buttons would go flying across the room.  The arms are hideous, don't go there. They have the elastic on the end, I hate it when shirts have that!  I could barely get it on and it was even hard to peel it off me. Ugh. Goal is set though!!!    Anyhow, I LOVE this shirt.  I can't wait to wear it for real!! :)

These are some pants that I used to wear all the time.  They are a size 24.  They got tight on me so I packed them away and bought new ones and have been wearing 26/28 or for the most part - elastic band 3x or 26/28 pants.  I recently threw away all of my elastic band pants.  I kept one black pair for TOM when I'm really uncomfortable or bloated or don't really care anymore how I look, but have to go to work anyhow.  I put on the 24s today:

I should have checked these 10 pounds ago.  The waist is loose and they are hanging off me, even in my bottom belly roll which I could have sworn hasn't decreased at all.  They definitely hang off in the ass because for some reason, I don't have much of a butt.  How is that possible to be over 300 pounds and still have no ass?  That shirt isn't hanging though, it is plenty snug on my belly love! :)

I also want to wear these jeans soon:

These are a size 24.  Both these and the black dress pants above are Lane Bryant.  Sizes are crazy, even from the same store!  I need that spare tire to deflate.  Notice how the belly goes out and the ass goes in, it loks like a flat angled line and the belly is nice and round in every way like a snowman.  These jeans are really cute, they have really cute stitching on them and I like it a lot.  I think my true size before must have been 30/32, I was squeezing myself into 26/28 with the help of Spanx or the fact that the pants were elastic and cotton.  Now I am near a 24, that is progress. 

Seriously, I put my hand in my back pockets and it was all empty space.  On the front pockets, I could barely get my hand in because they're so damn tight.  Haha, no ass!  Cute stitching though, huh?  I can't wait to wear these.  It's hard for me to find jeans because of the obvious fatness that I am.  I have all belly, not much for hips or ass and my legs aren't that big.  I don't have major thunder thighs.  They're not twig legs, but they're actually pretty damn nice.  My problem with jeans is that if they fit around my waist and can button, they are usually designed to be HUGE all the way around, so the legs are huge.  The denim doesn't even touch my legs and it looks ridiculous.  I like Lane Bryant's (and their whole family of stores) jean designs with 'right fit'.  I am a yellow.  I am straight, not too curvy in the hips and not big legs.  These are 'simply straight' jeans from LB in the yellow right fit group, check out the legs on them:

I love 'em!  There is a little room in them, but they aren't like huge tents over my legs.  I need the waist/tummy to be as big as it can possibly be (for now), but my legs aren't too huge.  I'll show you leg pics one of these days.  :)  Yes I was in my night gown having a little fashion show to myself this morning trying on different outfits and my challenge shirt.  It was fun.  Usually when I can't fit stuff, I get really depressed.  This time, I was hopeful like.... "I am going to wear this to Thanksgiving!".  "I can wear this to my nephew's Christmas concert!".  "I can probably wear this when I go see Liz for Halloween!".  It's an awesome feeling. 

Ok, sorry I went a little picture crazy on this post.  My mirror is dirty, get over it.

I've said it before, but I have to say THANK YOU again for all the love and support with the recent train wreck of events in my life.  I am going to be strong.  Life will go on no matter what, I may as well move forward right along with it!

31 comments:

  1. After the reading the crazy events in the past few weeks, it's really nice to see a positive post where you are so positive about the outcome. I love trying on clothes that didnt fit me in the past. It's a great motivator to keep pushing yourself until you finally get into those clothes. I've got a t-shirt I wear which I avoided for 5 years. Now I can't get it off me because I love it so much. Unfortunately it's 5 years out of fashion but as a guy, I can probably get away with that because other guys dont notice! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE picture posts :0) Funny as I've never done any myself eh? lol Also looks like we have another thing in common.. we can start the No Butt Club... or as I refer to it, the pancake butt. Pants that fit me just right in the waistline are always balloony in the ass and lower stomach... though unlike you I have pretty big legs. BTW super cute shirt :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh April your stats are so great! You are a shrinking and this is again Greattttt! I am so happy to see your success. With some added Spanish for you to test on your Cabo hunk...OH chiquita! Es bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the pics. I am so proud of your progress. You are task and you are well on your way to success and better health. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great that you're seeing results! They are impressive and might slow down with no sicknesses in the future (we are hoping). Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Note - When I bought these size 24 jeans I couldn't get them buttoned and it was tug of war to get them over my belly. Now they button, soon I can wear them in public without breaking any laws of public decency because that spare tire will be GONE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that shirt!!! ANd I love when I can get into clothes that were in my 'someday I will wear this pile'!!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's sad that you have been sick but also good that you have lost weight ;) Hope you get feeling better.

    You are going to fit into those clothes and feel so good :)

    Keep up the good work. Seems like you have some good goals for yourself. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shirt! I have a bunch of shirts that fit that way too. Hopefully I'll be able to get into them soon! I'm all belly and no butt too, I can relate. So glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job and now that you're feeling better you can cont. Lv looking at the clothes....size is crazy...I'm now wearing things from 14-3x.....I have some tight 3x shirts and some pants that fit in the waist but the legs are big. I've lost the least inches in my abd but figure it will start to move someday. You are going to look great in those jeans soon and I like the fit. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That shirt is too cute! I am lucky enough to still be "curvy" but I have the same problem with jeans...they just seem to cut them for women whose hips are way bigger than mine...

    Nice job on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just great, April! You should be really happy and really proud of how much you've lost!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on your loss the past few weeks, I hope your luck turns around as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute shirt! Sounds like you are in such a whirl wind right now! You are a strong woman and things will begin looking up as you keep looking forward, way to turn your attitude around with all the craziness in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YEAH!!!! You will do so well. I love that blouse and your jeans will fit and then not because you'll keep going. Love the pictures, it's a great way to share.
    Take care and Good luck this week. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's crazy how much the sizes differ even when they're the same brand. That shirt is super cute. :) It will be extra awesome when you feel comfortable wearing it since it's a few years coming, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh girl that shirt is too cute. and yay for the pants being too big! im sure you'll fit the rest real soon. keep up the good work hon!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We'll all get there one pound at a time. Who cares ho wyou got the last 8. Point is you got them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the last paragraph I was and am the same way we will for into these sexy outfits and look great!! I love the shirt I had one that looked like that but was black and white. Congrats on the 8 lbs even if you were sick. I hope I can catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I happen to love picture posts!! Amazing job on the 8lbs! So glad you are feeling better and things are starting to look up for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey - you are doing awesome! I love when people post progress pics. It makes me all giddy for them (since i can't really be giddy for myself right now). Just keep doing what you're doing (minus the getting sick part). You are really succeeding!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome post! It's great to try on clothes & feel good & positive about it rather than negative right? I always hate shopping for clothes cause nothing ever looks right. I do have the...luxury (if you call it that) of being fat all over but I have the problem then with pant legs being too tight sometimes when they fit around the waist. I do experience the different ranges within the same sizes though, it's crazy sometimes how different they can be!! Keep up the great work & that cute shirt & the awsone jeans will fit in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. sounds like your doing a great job, that shirt was soo cute;)i love finding cute bargin outfits..i havent been shopping for my self in a long time, i feel self concious in clothes with the pooch and all.together we all will reach out goal and look great in out christmas outfits

    ReplyDelete
  24. Are you kidding? The shirt actually buttons up and the buttons are not begging for mercy. You will probably need it tailored by the time Christmas rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We'll see about that! I don't think you realize this tummy ginormica that I have. This is standing up, when I sit down it spreads out and layers itself.... like thighs usually do but ten times worse. The buttons would be screaming then, as they flew across the room!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute shirt!! I love all the pics! You're making great progress - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know you'll get there soon! Don't be discouraged if you gain in the next couple of weeks. That happens to be every time I get sick. Just take it slow and take care of yourself. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Lane Bryant, but always have the same issue with the sizes. Right now I can go from a 24/26 to a 20/22 depending on the pants, it's just crazy! Your shirt is super cute!! I can't wait to see you rocking it at the end of the challenge! I bet you will be too small for it!

    ReplyDelete