Monday, August 8, 2011

Slimmer this Summer, week what?! Update!

Last week's weight: 285
This week: 279

Like, whoa! 

This week was over in the blink of an eye, but was a roller coaster from start to finish.  I was a hot mess on more than one evening due to crazy emotions and life kicking me in the teeth in general.  I used that as fuel and walked, walked, walked, walked.  I didn't do the DVD workouts and strength like I had planned - I just literally walked my ass off.  One evening I was out walking out at the high school track and I had done 12 laps (3 miles), I kept going and quit counting, but probably spent another 45 minutes walking.  When I noticed the sun had set, I figured it was time to go home. 

This was a big loss, 6 pounds is stellar.  I am very happy about it.  It's a good jump off for the month of August!  My trip to Sin City is so close I can taste it, that is a huge motivation to keep working it out.  I will NOT use a freakin' extender on the airplane this time.  I had to use one in April for the first (and LAST) time ever.

Thank you for all the comments and support on my last post, it is much appreciated.  I know I need to put the past in the past.  I found this quote a couple months ago and have been learning how to follow its advice: "Make peace with your past so it does not destroy your future".  A little more to the story of my ex:  We were together 5-6 years with some off-ons, did some long distance for a while, it was crazy at times - but we were SO happy for the most part.  Everything just.... worked, sometimes perfectly.  It ended May 2010 as I was finishing grad school.  Over the last year, we have had a few conversations, a few 'sleepovers', a few moments where we talked and held each other like the old days.  Two months ago I realized that the relationship with him had become TOXIC, it was eating me alive to be with someone, but not be WITH him because he didn't want me anymore.  He acted like he did when it was convenient for him.  A couple months ago, he wanted to have another 'sleepover' and I said - no.  I said, sure I want to, but I know that it is not healthy for me or for 'us' anymore and I just can't do it.  We were on the phone and he acted like I should be honored to have such a gift of his presence in my bed bestowed upon me.  He said, are you sure?  We talked a bit more and he asked again, and I said "no, really - I can't keep up this shenanigan any longer, it is unhealthy and it confuses me because I know you don't really want me".  He just chuckled and said he was sorry I felt that way, before saying our goodbyes he said - one last chance on me coming over, going once, going twice.....  I hung up on him.  I felt like garbage.  I hated myself for giving into it so many times before during this last year we've been broke up.  I felt more used than I had before.  Knowing this just happened in late May-early June made it very difficult and depressing to see that by August 1 he's 'in love' with some skinny, blue eyed girl.  I know I have to put the past in the past, he's my ex for a reason (30 reasons to be exact....).  It's just not fair that he gets to be happy and it will probably be years before someone looks my way again.  Uggh.

Wow, that was a rant.  Sorry.  I had to get it out of my system (again).  I will formulate some more specific goals for this week and post later.  The overall goal will be to lose another 2-3 pounds, eat healthy, 1 sweet treat only this week, no fried food at all this week, walk every single day, journal every day, go tanning 3 times this week (I bought some minutes last week), and meditate at least 3x this week.  The mantra for my meditation time will be "strength, confidence, happiness".   I need a little of each.  

18 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great loss this week! Congratulations! Now start focusing on YOU. Just YOU. Not whether you'll be able to find someone, whether you'll spend your life alone. How you were treated. Concentrate on YOU and, trust me, the rest will fall into place. You'll soon discover that your attitude about yourself reflects outwardly without you even realizing it.

    I was in an abusive marriage for 11 yrs and when I left, I didn't think I'd ever find anyone again. I thought I'd spend the rest of my life alone, fat and ugly, that no one would want my fat a$$ ... because that's what MY ex told me would happen if I left. Well, guess what? I took the year after I left to learn about myself, to learn to love myself, to accept that maybe I wouldn't be what *he* wanted but I would at least be happy with myself. That inward self-esteem shined on the outside and I was being asked out several times a week -- even though I was "fat and ugly". 11 months later, I met my hubby and it's the best thing that could have happened to me. You know what he said to me a few months later? That one of the first things he loved about me was how I was always positive.

    Learn about yourself, love yourself and the best of you will shine through. That's what gets noticed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing great! Don't let any of that shit with the ex bother you. Like you said there is a reason you are not together. You will someday have someone walk into your life that you know you were ment to be with. I WILL happen until it does work on yourself and don't worry about anyone but you because you are #1! Good things come to those who wait right..:) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, what a wonderful, amazing loss this week!!!!! Go, you! I'm so proud and impressed. Keep with the walking. YOur body loves it, clealy!

    There is a good person out there for you. Absolutely. Keep your eyes open. Keep your heart open. Keep your spirit open. And accept no one who is not someone that helps you be your better self. That is what YOU deserve.

    I truly believe there is a person (s) who is right for everyone. I assumed I'd never marry since my teens. I just figured I was too whack for any man to really, REALLY love. I was raised to self-respect myself, so I never stayed in relationships where I wasn't cherished (like, hey, out of there fast if I noticed that), but I still felt like the real me (neurotic, obsessive compulsive, weird) and the outer me (pimply, bad teeth, chubby/fat, scarred, frizzy hair, slightly cross-eyed, sickly) was someone really not truly lovable by non-family.

    I was wrong. There are people who see beyond flaws that we magnify in ourselves--and we do do that if we're not narcissists, and we heavy gals tend to do it cause society thinks we're ugly just via size. People who see what's lovely and glowing and virtuous and fun in us. And it's those people who want to share their time and life with us and help us be even BETTER and HAPPIER.

    That person, those people, may they come into your sights soon and bring you crazy joy!

    Get healthy for yourself and for those people who deserve many years with YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job!!! You kicked ass this week!! I am so super jealous that you are going to sin city in October. I've never even been on an airplane *gasp*

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of you! That friends with benefits crap is just that crap. I have been there and done that! It’s just a cat and mouse game of mental cruelty! You are better off for walking away and saying no. When you least expect it your prince charming will walk through your life! Just remember you are getting hotter by the day! This ex will want you back, but you will be moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome week for walking. I know that they say that walking is one of the best exercises we can do! Especially when you do it for 45 minutes!

    You are making a great healthy choice by moving forward with out your ex sneaking back into your life. Use it to continue to fuel the fire, cause girl you are doing awesome and you are on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, congratulations on a very impressive weight loss! That is terrific!

    Second, you will find as you continue on this journey that you LIKE taking care of yourself vs taking care of everything else. As you care for yourself through get fit and healthy you will feel better about yourself and come to really love who you are. It is this loved self who will be ready to knock some guys over when the time is right. You will see. It happens. The more we care for ourselves the better we feel about who we are.

    You are worth all your efforts at weight loss and getting fit. It is a tough journey, but you can do this. Do it while you are young, too, there is much life ahead of you. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the kick in the arse lady! I am just getting no where fast...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had an awesome loss this week! HECK YEAH!!! Do I need to make you a punching bag with the ex's face on it? or a dart board? hehe! You will get past this! You are about to go to VEGAS!!! Focus on that and how awesome it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The world always looks a bit different after a good, long walk. You are doing great, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap (really really fast) - with me cheering in the background - GREAT JOB ON the drop!!!!! Next stop - Vegas Baby!!!!

    Staying MOtivated MO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow- I am SO impressed that you managed to redirect yourself and walk instead of eat. I hope I can manage to do that soon...

    And I could say a lot of things about your ex that are eloquent and useful... but mostly all I can think is, 'wow, what a douche.' Abusive relationships are hard to repair from- especially the ones that don't seem that way until you're out of them. You not only feel lied to, but that you were lying to yourself as well. It's hard, but it gets easier the farther out you are from it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. WWWHOOOOOAAAAA!!! What a loss!! You go girl!!! Just keep walking walking walking. :) Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 6 lbs is MAJOR!!! Lots of props and hellsyeahhhh walking gets it done! No matter if you add more to it or not. Walking is GREAT cardio! :)

    As for kicking he ex to the curb finally, KUDOS because that is hard to do. I have several times been the girl he could just call up and come over when it was convenient for him. That is not me anymore finally and man does it feel oh so good to be free! and So what if it takes time for others to notice you... in that time you will be noticing you and all you've acheieved and that in itself is sexy to have confidence in yourself and when others start seeing that you will be fighting the men off with a stick. Whether or not you've reached your goal. Trust me! I have been single for 2 and a half years now. I'm 40 something pounds from goal right now and in the last week I've had 5 different guys start trying to talk to me. haha. And they werent all total losers! haha. It feels great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad you found the strength to get rid of him. He was just using you. You can do better and you will. Great loss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a great loss. You are doing great. And I am amazed at those laps you were walking.
    I am so glad also that you were able to get rid of him. I agree with downsizers. I was married to a creep for 9 years, had three children with him and am now divorced. Eleven years after the divorce he is still making my life a living hell. You need to find someone who is not going to use you.

    Thank you for your comment on my blog, turn my life around. I just wanted to mention that your advice is great, but it just won't help me. I am not sure how many people realize I am pregnant. I have to have something substantial before I go to bed or I will wake up, not just nauseous, but with stomach pains (this is a first for me this pregnancy). I eat 1 frozen soft pretzel that I have put a tiny amount of salt on plus 1 1/2 slices of super thin deli-sliced Muenster cheese. It is the only thing that works for me. the other problem is, I can't go too long with out eating something or I get nauseous. What really sucks is that I can't even down a small side salad lately. I used to enjoy a salad as big as my plate for lunch. Your would think my pregnant body would be craving the healthy stuff. But I know I am not the only one who has struggled with this problem.
    Sorry this got so long. I just wanted to clear it up. If I have time next week I will try to mention stuff like this on my blog post.
    Thank you again for your advice, I really appreciate it.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rant away April! Rant away. He sucks. He really does. Not because your relationship is over. That just happens. But because he makes you feel badly about you. That is never ok. Never. Good for you for putting your foot down. Sleepovers are dark forces at work. They trick you into seeing something that's not really there. 6lbs down. Niiiice.

    ReplyDelete