Sunday, August 28, 2011

Slimmer this Summer - Final Update!

August 22: 278
August 28: 273

June 6: 311......... What?!  I lost 38 pounds this summer?  My goal was 41 pounds, I wanted to get down to 270 and I thought that was really testing the limits of my strength, I came so close - I'm calling it SUCCESS!  I would love for it to have said 272, because the lowest I remember being in the last few years was 273 - right where I am at today.  I feel so alive!  I am so happy right now I'm almost in tears because I can't believe it.  I've also had an emotional month and a weekend of fasting, I ate for the first time a couple hours ago!  I had the awesome watermelon-tomato salad, some spanish rice and a cup of coffee with creamer!  I missed coffee a lot in just two days (maybe that's a problem ha).  As far as completing the 48 hour fast, I feel strength beyond strength.  I feel so empowered in my life and I love myself and my world a little more than I did two days ago.  I have gained some perspective and can now remember what is important.  I prayed and cried for those less fortunate who are in dark places in their life - I hope they can find strength too.  I feel like I'm walking on sunshine right now and it's a great way to end this challenge as summer draws to an end.  This all came at the perfect time. 

The other goals of the challenge: water - always awesome at consuming enough; tracking - I totally suck at this and it is so helpful I am going to be more focused on it; exercise - it's not a 'chore' as much as it used to be, I am starting to enjoy it which is a darn good thing; 1 sweet a week - some weeks I've messed up but have usually kept to this; fried food one time a week - rarely if ever broke this guideline.  I took measurements once during this challenge and will do it again this evening.  I can definitely feel the difference in my clothes, when I sit on my couch or in my car.  There's just more space and my body feels... better to me.  I'm becoming a little more comfortable in my own skin.  I love it. 

To all of you other challengers - thank you!  Thank you for the support, comments, stories, tips and motivation.  You're all rock stars!!!  Never ever give up on yourselves, keep the momentum going.  I will be doing the Holiday Dress challenge, look for me there because I'm going to be super cute in a dress by New Years - ohhhh yeah!!! :)

14 comments:

  1. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Ya done kilt it, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And you are so gonna be at an unbelievable number come Dec 18th. Get ready to rock that holiday outfit.

    congrats on using he challenge to further your goals. That's what it's all about: feeling better to LIVE one's dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful to read your fantastic post about your sweet success in STS! I can feel your happiness! Congratulations!!! It is so wondererful to get to a weight you have not been in years. So, keep it up as you move into the next challenge! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. good going. "Perdido mucho peso" to help with the Spanish...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work! That is some *serious* progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you had an absolutely great summer loss. What a win for you! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think 38 lbs in one summer is amazing! You are one your way!!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing... you have inspired every fatloss fighter ... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! 38 pounds! THIRTY EIGHT POUNDS! That is awesome! Congratulations on your amazing progress! Keep doing what you're doing because it is working like a charm. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOTAL AWESOME....Did I say that loud enough? TOTAL AWESOME!!!! I am so proud of you. You rocked this challenge and will be rocking the next one too.
    Keep up the great work. After my bus orientation tomorrow I am going to do a 48 hour fast before I start my exercise and all on the 1st of September. You did so well.
    Take care and have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! You did great!! I am joining the Christmas Dress Countdown, too and you and I are in the same place... I weighed in at 270 this week, down 30 pounds since mid-May. I can't wait to follow your blog during this challenge. Please follow mine, also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo Hoo!! Yes, a definite success!! I'm so pleased for you :)

    Thanks for the comment on my blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did awesome!! Nice job on the fasting too. I'm thinking about joining Mir's challenge, so far it seems like the best one for me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. U rocked it. I am so proud of you. I know you are on a path to better health.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go!! You did so awesome with this challenge!! I am very proud of you! I am doing the Dress challenge too and can't wait til we rock our new ones together!!

    ReplyDelete