Monday, August 22, 2011

Slimmer this Summer! 8/22/11

Last week's weight: 278
This week's weight: 278

What the fizzle?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  I really don't know how it stayed the same.  I checked yesterday and this morning - it was the same.  I thought my scale was broke so put a 10 pound dumb bell on it and it registered an even 10 lbs.  I tried again, the same.  I tried this afternoon and it said I gained, so I guess I'll just report the 278 LOL.  Afternoons are heavier, especially this one and I'll tell you why here in a minute.  I'm not really upset about staying the same, just confused.  I started at 311, so I am 33 pounds down which would be a 3 pound loss per week average - pretty good and even.  Eh....  Could be worse?

So, today at work I sat on an interview team.  31 scheduled interviews for a position my agency needs to fill.  I was told on Friday the admin would buy us lunch, I said ok what do they usually buy?  The girl put her hand on my shoulder and said I wouldn't dare sabotage your trip to Vegas - I'll be kind and get Subway.  I said ok, went to work with no snacks, no fruit, no lunch.....  Lunch was brought in at 12 for our 20 minute break.  Fried chicken, pepperoni pizza, Doritos, potato chips, and orange Sunkist soda.  WHAT THE HELL?!?!  I was starving, we had a very short break before our next interview got there and was a little stressed.  I ate a chicken breast, piece of pizza and a handful of Doritos.  I did stick to water, but at that point - did it really matter?  I'll be working overtime on exercise this week to get back on track and finish the summer strong.  I am also upset with the girl for saying it would be Subway then bringing in a heart attack on a plate.

This past week was good for food and exercise, I think I ate a few more carbs than I normally do and my water intake on Friday and Saturday wasn't as high as normal - probably causing it to get stuck at the same number of pounds as last Monday.

It's been one heck of a Monday and I"m thankful it's over.  I hope you all had a better weigh in and day than I did!  






7 comments:

  1. You'll do better next week! An average of 3lbs a week is AWESOME btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you be comfortable asking about why no Subway?. Maybe she DID really forget. Might be worth it for the next time you plan on something and it does not appear. Lesson learned though, right? Always plan and bring some food and snacks...

    Good job on the overall loss. three pounds a week is really good. Our bodies are fickle, dang it. But you are losing and that is what is important. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will def be asking why there was no Subway or at least some decent option. The funny thing is the other interviewers were more than happy to eat that crap! One of them said, "pizza... yes!!!!". The food made me ill and I had a headache for the rest of the afternoon. I was lucky I got through the rest of the interviews. I was in a rush this morning, so didn't pack anything and was actually happy to not have to plan - that back fired on me big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wasn't very nice of her! Regardless, you are doing great averaging 3 lbs per week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3lbs a week is great!! Plateaus stink, but the eventually drop off. And wth? Not even a freaking side salad or something?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did well with the lunch under the circumstances. Three pounds a week is great! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete