Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy hour isn't so happy the next day!

Ok so I ended up at happy hour yesterday.  I had a good breakfast, a clif bar for lunch, a crunchy sandwich (lettuce and turkey only) for dinner.  I was about to open a container of yogurt when I got the text invite.  I pondered, I thought - well I could go walk and then go to the bar.  NOPE, I was out the door in a heartbeat to the bar.  I had consumed about 600 calories, the yogurt would have made 700 TOTAL for the day - it would have been good.

I went, I drank, I ate fried mozzarella sticks.  I just input that to FP - 779 calories at the bar between 12 oz of diet coke, lots of spiced rum, and the stupid cheese sticks.  I double my calories for the day and it was all a waste (literally, wasted....).  I did have fun and got to laugh and party it up, listen to some good music.  I order 3 shots of Captain Morgan straight and sip it out of a lowball glass while I sip on a can of diet coke in the other.  I ended up getting 3 rounds of rum for a total of 9 shots... oopsies. 

Total calories for the day was 1383 - half of which were fried food and booze.  UGGH.  I drank water all day like a champ though and of course guzzled it when I got home and again this morning.  I probably had at least 13 glasses yesterday.  Yesterday's exercise only ended up being my 20 minutes of walking at work, better than nothing?  Ok that's a sad excuse that I need to give up. 

6 comments:

  1. I worry about you consuming less than at least 1200 calories per day :( It may send your body into "I'm starving hold onto this fat as long as possible" mode. Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wiht Rae Rae J you have to eat more than 700 calories a day. I have my fitness pal on my -phone and it tells me how many calories I should have to lose weight. I wish you luck. You have to get in that mind set I need to do this for myself! I have lost weight before (108lbs) and gained a lot back. Now I am finally back in that mindset I have to lose this for me! I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it's weird to be under, but with being so hot and watching what I eat I've had a lot of 800-900 days. 1200-1400 is my goal though, but I want them to be healthy. It's so humid and miserable, the lettuce and turkey rollup is good enough and I move on. Funny how I used to do 3,000 in a day without blinking.... uggh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get that, girl! :) Just a little worried about you, but that makes total sense. I just know under 1200 can keep the weight on, and then you are left like *pulling hair out!* .. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's where I get suckered into it - when alcohol calls! At least you stayed under 1400, recognized that half of that was not great stuff, and can move on. Like you said - before you could eat 3,000 calories and not blink an eye!

    ReplyDelete