Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday is my favorite day of the week

Tuesday is my favorite day of the week - always has been.  No particular reason either.  Just is.

Today I went to the grocery store - nothing looked good, I had no real plan.  I wandered aimlessly for a while.  I ended up buying a big bunch of romaine, a bag of baby spinach, and some yogurt.  I have like 15 oranges I need to eat so I'm going to make smoothies for a couple days/meals.  The recipe is: 2 oranges, 1 cup spinach, 1 yogurt (any flavor, something that goes well with orange), and ice.  I sometimes use only 1 orange to make it more thick, but I'll be using 2 since I have this random abundance of them.  The problem with the smoothie as a meal is protein - I get hungry a couple hours later.  I should have got some almonds or something for a snack inbetween.  Maybe I'll walk there again tomorrow.

One good thing about this fave day of the week - flight booked!  I am going to Las Vegas from October 13-17.  That is another reason to keep up with this challenge and start working hard.  I went on a plane in April for Easter to Phoenix.  I had to use a lap belt extender for the first time ever.  I was humiliated.  I have never had to do that and I never want to again - just goes to show how out of control this has really become.  I need to regain that.  It is a great goal being a few months away.  I fear getting all into it for a couple weeks, then letting time slip by me.  I always do that.  I did that with the April trip.  I had my flight booked in February, I set a plan to lose so many pounds before then.  I think I exercised 5 times in the 2 months prior to the trip - no F*cking wonder I couldn't fit in the seat.  I'm damn lucky I sat by a tiny blonde on the way out and a 7 year old boy on the way back or it could have been even more embarrassing than it was.

On my flights to and from Las Vegas on Oct 13 & 17, I will not have to use a lap belt extender.  I WILL be able to put the little tray down in front of me to hold my drink and magazine on instead of in my hand uncomfortably.  I might even pass on the little airplane shaped crackers and just eat the peanuts  - I mean, what a waste of calories!  I've got another target, another reason to keep my eyes on the prize.  Sin City, here I come!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck in Las Vegas! Hope you come back with good news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be great not needing a belt extender. That alone will show how great you're doing! Keep going and you'll have lots NS victories!

    Have a great time in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it. That is such a great reason. Just count though calories, get out and do some walking and you will be in the seat comfortable and enjoying your vacation.
    Take care and thank you for stopping by. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in Las Vegas! What are you coming down for?

    ReplyDelete