Saturday, June 25, 2011

Going well

Things are going pretty well here.  I was out of town for a work conference for a couple days - am now home, stocked up on some great healthy groceries and ready to face another week!  I check this morning and I am down 4 pounds, that is pretty good.  I made healthy food decisions while eating out at the conference, I was surprised.  I wanted to cave into the 'burrito gigante' that everyone had, but ordered a fajita salad with no cheese or sour cream and ignored the crunchy fried taco shell it came in.  It was wonderful and I wasn't miserable after the meal like other people were!

I stayed at a Comfort Inn, they have the expanded breakfast menu for free in the lobby.  I had two boiled eggs on a piece of wheat toast and a small 50 cal cup of light and fit yogurt.  At the workshop on Friday, they served pizza for lunch!  They also had salad, but had some sort of mix-up so there was no dressing.  I ate a big plate of salad with the pizza toppings from a supreme on top to make it more flavorful, and ignoring the crust!  It was actually pretty good.  I ate half of one piece of buffalo chicken pizza, it wasn't impressive and I knew it would leave me feeling miserable (carb, fat, plus it was hot out!).  They also had coolers of soda, I stuck to my water bottle and even avoided the tables of monster cookies.  Oh, how I love monster cookies.  I didn't feel like I was depriving myself - it felt great actually, like I was liberating myself.  Wonderful.  Things can only get better.

I am happy with a 4 pound loss so far this week.  I think it could be higher, but all I've been working on is walking, staying hydrated, and watching what I eat.  Imagine if I was doing my tough workouts - it would be more of a loss, but at least it is back on track compared to last week's .5 loss - that was depressing.  Maybe I'll have even better news my Monday's official weigh-in!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Great job. I have such a hard time when I don't have complete hands on control of my food. You are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic. Awesome to hear how you are hitting a groove. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, take charge girl. Love your wavy hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!!! Esp with being away from home!!! Love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your salad idea. I might have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That 4 lbs loss was much better than a burrito, cookie and several pieces of pizza!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete