Tuesday, June 14, 2011

that crazy scale

Does anyone else notice that you should always weigh in at the same time on the same scale?  I generally ALWAYS weight in first thing when I come out of the shower in the morning.  It makes sense.  So, last night after sweating my arse off and then going for a 30 minute walk, I decided to weigh in again.  314, which is higher than what I started last week!  What the holy heck?  No freakin way.  So, I did it again this morning fresh out of the shower and we were back to 304 which is a pound down from yesterday.  Now that I can deal with.  I've read both sides of the argument - one stating that you should weigh every day and one that says you should do it on a set day of the week only.  I do a little bit of both, I hop on for a little extra motivation one way or the other every few days.  But my 'official' days are Mondays (used to always be Wednesday before this STS challenge). 

Progress for yesterday was okay, except lunch.  I think losing the 5 pounds over the first week and reading the other challengers blogs helped me to step it up a notch.  I worked hard!  I was tripped up at lunch due to lack of planning and had to really struggle finding something healthy in a gas station for lunch.  (I live in a remote area of South Dakota).  I ended up buying two string cheese and some jalapeno cheddar chex mix.  I mostly just wanted to try the chex mix, Jalapeno Cheetos are my vice.  Man i love them.  But - the chex mis is way better!  The texture and flavor is great!  There's 120 calories in a half cup serving, so I'm going to make my own little 100 calorie packs with them for when I have that salty craving. 



I brought my lunch today so I'm not wandering aimlessly in a convenience store for good healthy eats.  Hey, at least I avoided the fried chicken, pizza, breadsticks and other things they do have there.

8 comments:

  1. I like jalapeno flavored anything! (And I put sliced jalapenos on sandwiches.) I'm finding the blog reading inspiring, too...we're all gonna do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scale is evil. I'm going with that! :)

    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the first week! Love that sign. lol I'm your new follower :) Keep it up for a second week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely have to use the same scales, and I always try and weigh first thing in the morning. I actually weigh every day, although Monday is my official 'weigh-in' day. Could never only weigh once a week - I just think it would really dent my enthusiasm, if I thought I'd done well all week, to see a gain. By weighing every day I can see if I am dropping or gaining weight, I can see how certain exercises and foods affect my weight on a day-by-day basis, and its also given me a better understanding of HOW my body loses weight. I accept the fluctuations and occasional bounces now, as I know they're just part and parcel of how my body sheds the pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually try not to weigh myself except on the 1st and 15th of the month. This way its more drastic, but I do check once in a while between just to keep myself in check.

    Keep up the good work, it gets easier and easier as long as you stay disciplined.

    And remember the 5 things I talk about on my blog:

    Motivation
    Education
    Vissualization
    Determintation
    Transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great weight loss for your first week with STS challenge. I try to only weigh in once a week or so.. My flucutates so much that if I do it more often I am discouraged. Here's to a great second week! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay so it seems like it was forever ago that you posted on my blog and wanted me to continue blogging. Well I've finally got some motivation back and thanks to your blog I'm excited to start blogging again. I started at your first blog and reading my way through and I really like it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and I personally like to weigh myself every morning when I get up. If I gain it kinds of pushes me to work a little harder but I never take it too seriously and go with my weigh in on Fridays.

    ReplyDelete