Monday, June 20, 2011

Slimmer this Summer Week 2 Results

Weight: 305.5 (A half pound loss, I am very bummed about this.  I know what happened - I let drama derail my exercise.  The eating was actually pretty decent, I didn't turn to food - I turned to bed though and would go home from work and go to bed and not exercise.  I can't let this happen again.)

Measurements:  Did not take other than waist and just did that last Thursday so this will be my starting point from here on out

Water: Did well with this, one day I over-caffeinated and by afternoon had a headache.  I needed more caffeine so had a diet pepsi and not water - felt lethargic the next day due to no water intake and drama and no exercise.  My body is so used to hydration and exercise (at least a walk!) that it really messed me up.  I am almost happy to see that as the result, my body now needs water and activity - my body doesn't want to hate me for being a lazy slob, so I need to give it what it needs and what my midn and soul need as well - weight loss!

Exercise: FAIL.  I think I walked 3 out of the 7 evenings.  I walked 2 times during the work day, when we are allowed to every day.  I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred once.  I did an ab and arm workout once (20 mins each).  Such a huge change from last week.  I specifically remember typing "easy breezy" on my exercise goals last week.  Need to do that again this week.

Personal goals: I continue working on my 30 by 30 list (posed on left side of my blog home page).  I paid off my car, will pay off one credit card this week, cut up a credit card yesterday.  I will have 2 credit cards left to pay after this and can knock those balances out by December of this year, January at the latest.  That is a great feeling and was a pick me up that I needed.  Thanks for your positive responses on yesterday's post about it.  I appreciate it so much!

Down a half pound isn't the end of the world - at least it was a decrease rather than increase.  When you weigh 300 pounds, the first 20 or so usually drop fairly quickly as long as you're trying - this goes to show I was not really trying this week and was quite lucky that I didn't gain.  Let's not sugar coat my progress - it is lousy for this week and I can admit that.  Now to learn from it....... 

10 comments:

  1. You've got a really healthy outlook on your weight loss, and haven't just crumpled saying "it's not fair" when the loss isn't as big as you'd like. That bodes well! And at least you still fit in SOME exercise, when most people 'fail' they REALLY fail, and go right back to zero exercise and massive calorie intake, so congrats! A little self-frustration can be a great motivator - and after all, you DID see a loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, that first 20 should come off pretty quick, BUT, one bad week doesn't necessarily mean it has to stay that way. You said you were eating "pretty decent", are you tracking calories and foods? If so, the numbers should come in good! Focus and we can DO this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey don't give up! I am glad you can see the bright side of things.

    I love your 30 by 30 list. Paying off your car and credit card are aweseome accomplishments too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain about the drama and the exercise! I remember this past week my husband and I bickering and thinking forget it (about the exercise) why bother? I suppose that why bother was one of the reasons I didn't lose what I wanted. Let's vow not to let others do that to us! Congrats on the loss keep in mind a loss is a loss at least it wasn't a gain!! Nicole @colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Live and learn. Now it's time to move on and make some progress. Keep the faith. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you tracking your food intake? That has sure helped me. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least there was no gain and a loss is a loss, no matter how small. Don't let anything or anyone else have the power to derail your goals for yourself. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree that a loss is a loss and so much better than a gain. Put this week behind you and remember that this week is brand new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 days a week is still exercise, and you lost half a pound. It's not as big as it could be but it's still progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loss is better than a gain. Every little bit helps. I only lost .2 lbs so I know how you are feeling. This week we should have great losses!!!

    ReplyDelete