Friday, June 10, 2011

Finally Friday

Finally Friday - I'm ready for the weekend.  I don't have anything exceptional planned, but just ready to have a break from the morning rush.  Today is a good day.  On my goals, I said I would have fried food one time a week, this is just to start me on this 'lifestyle change' of health.  So today, I had breakfast pizza so that is the fried food of the week although it's not actually fried - it definitely doesn't fit into the plan!  I almost made it through the week with no major bad choices, but today was the bacon pizza.  It was delicious but I actually had a bit of an upset stomach afterwards and felt like there was a lump sitting in my stomach for hours - very uncomfortable actually.  I have been eating well for a few weeks now, making small changes here and there and being more health-conscious.  Glad it didn't agree with me, I'm even more likely to avoid it in the future.

Water intake is so-so today, I have some catching up to do.  I drank 2 of my coffee cups (24 ounces each) - for a whopping 48 ounces of coffee.  Who does that?!  Crazy, I was out of it for a while but i did go for a brisk walk since I was over-caffeinated.

Food and exercise for yesterday - pretty good!  I ate one of my lettuce-turkey crunchy sandwiches for supper.  When it's hot out, they are very satisfying and I don't want to eat anything else or cook.  They're just perfect. 

This evening's exercise plan is: 20 minutes of arm strengthening, 10 minute level 2 cardio (BL 30 day jump start), 30 minute walk. That will be an hour of exercise, plus my walk from earlier today.

When I started my new job on 5-26, I started working on the 3rd floor!  The good (not for ADA compliance...) news is that there is no elevator.  I have to walk down to 2nd floor to make copies, go to meetings, meet with finance office, even use the ladies room, etc.  I go from 3rd to 2nd SEVERAL times a day.  I go from 3rd to 1st and back up about 4 times a day.  There is a lot of built-in exercise here, as well as the walking that they support and encourage staff to do.  It's great and is helping me.  I noticed my knees kind of hurt though.  But i guess if I was a little kneecap and 300 pounds was coming down on me all at once I'd be achy too.  Sorry knees, I am working on your pain!  ;)  I have heard several times that when you lose 10 pounds of weight, it relieves 100 pounds of pressure from your knees because they take such a beating when you're this big.  Interesting?

4 comments:

  1. Who does that? I do that! (That's the 48 ounces of coffee.) But now very often...are you still booming and zooming? I think they're right, those people who talk about weight loss and your joints. I mean, it seems like a drop in the bucket sometimes but imagine if I had to carry a ten pound bag of dog food everywhere I went. (Okay...don't imagine how people would think I was weird with my dog food.)

    Anyway...have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 53 and I max at 3 cups a day. Now I do the 3 it like geritol you know.LOL. I really like the flavor and I put sugar free caramel and hazelnut syrups in it and sip it while it is hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand the fried food heavy stomach. Last night I had a piece of fried chicken and I am still feeling it today. The stupid thing is, I never eat fried chicken. This is like a first in 3+years.

    That is awesome that your work has built in exercise.

    Thanks for the tidbit about the knees. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that knees thing quite a few times - my poor knees, no wonder they hate me.

    The coffee did me in for quite a while, man I can't handle that much. I usually do one of the 24 ounce coffee cups then that's it. (LIke that's not more than enough!)

    ReplyDelete