Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ehhhhh...... it's a so-so kind of day

There's nothing great about today, nothing particularly bad either.  It's just a so-so.  I did go for a walk this afternoon.  My job allows time for walking, either a half mile or a mile.  It's part of the diabetes prevention program they have here.  I am Native American and live on a reservation in South Dakota.  The diabetes among this ethnic population is exponentially higher than any other group!  I am glad to have a job where they are supportive of prevention.  I am actually at a new job as a Grant Coordinator for an educational program for children 0-5 with disabilities.  I have a Master's in Social Work and studied administration, so program design and direction was my interest area.  I haven't lived on the 'rez' in about 6 years, so it's completely different to what I'm used to over the last few years.  I used to live in Wichita, KS.  I miss it. 

I'm not talking much about the weight loss, but just a random blurb.  I did okay with calories today, I resisted a decadent piece of coconut cream pie.  I thought, will that really taste as good as 41 pounds off will feel?  The answer - NOPE, I'll pass on the pie.  This evening I'll walk at 7pm with a friend I recruited as an exercise buddy and will also do some workouts on DVD, maybe a 30 minute duration.  Add the extra walk this afternoon, 30 minute walk tonight and I have myself about 80 minutes of exercise for the day!  Ohhh yeah, I'll feel good tomorrow. 

Have a great afternoon and evening everyone.  I'll check in with you again tomorrow.  I've stared at this computer a bit too much at work to have the desire to turn on the one at home this evening.

10 comments:

  1. I make the same argument whenever I want some 'naughty' food. Sometimes I also tell myself - if I eat it now and gain a pound, that's a pound on top of the 50 I still need to lose anyway. BUT, if I lose the 50lbs and THEN eat it - well, I'll still have gained a pound, but if I go out for a long run, I'll have shifted it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope tomorrow is better for you! Good for you getting up and getting a walk. Some days are tough, but you've just gotta push through them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your work allows for some exercise time. I think that is what it is going to take in america to get us un-obese. I mean seriously, let the worker bees workout sometimes and it is to your benefit!

    great job to you on getting in 80 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the 80 minutes over the course of the day was great. I can feel it in the front of my thighs, I love that. I'm like oh yeah there is something under there other than just exploding fat cells! I was so energized after the walk and DVD I then vacuumed the house and did laundry which was just more moving, moving, moving. Thanks for the visits guys, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi April, I just saw your comment on my blog about the banana chocolate freezer pie. It's from the magazine Clean Eating. Thanks for your comment! Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, that pie would NOT have tastes THAT good. Great choice! Keep it up, hope you have a great day. Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful that your work is allowing time to walk. I am sure it is a great time to get fresh air and escape work for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HUGS--- May the rest of ur week be better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just got to hang in there! Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete