Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 2 and some food pics

Day 2 is a good day!  I am still hot and cooling down from a 30 minute walk (it's 90 degrees here).  I also did a quick 10 minute arms workout on the BL 30 day jump start video.  Every little bit helps and meets my goals for the day.

I won't always post food pics, but I got a few comments on the crunchy sandwiches, which is just a low-carb and low-calorie sandwich made with lettuce vs. bread.  (I don't buy bread.)

 A couple pieces of iceberg lettuce, 2 slices of turkey (30 cal each), a slice of cheese and voila!  A crunchy sandwich, it's delicious!  You eat it just like a taco, crunch included!

I took a couple pictures of my lunch bag today for work:
 The yogurt was my AM snack, around 10am.  I also opened the container of lettuce salad and ate a few of the cucumber and tomatoes off the top.  Around noon I had the crunchy sandwich and the salad.  At about 3pm I ate the apple for my PM snack.  The orange is still sitting on my desk, and yes so is the small Dove dark chocolate you see.  I took it as emergency chocolate, but didn't need it today. Baby steps!
 This is my awesome lunch bag.  I pack the lunch the night before and leave it in the fridge all night.  Before I walk out the door, I throw in a 'blue ice'.  They're a little plastic cube with the blue freezy stuff in it, you can get them by the coolers and lunch bags in any department store for about 99 cents.  The bag probably cost me about $12.
 As you can see, my day's worth of snacks and lunch laid out on the counter before fits nicely into the bag.  There is a pocket for silverware and the emergency chocolate.  The top of it also has another expanding pocket, but I just keep it full of napkins.  Quite the investment.

I used to own two of these lunch bags, I gave one to my Mom.  A couple years ago I had a great weight loss and lost about 60 pounds.  I would pack three days worth of lunch, one in the fridge and two in the bags.  For two days all I had to do was grab my bag and go - no excuses that could find me sitting in a drive through.  It is like the pre-packaged commercial meal systems, but you pick your own food and is much cheaper.

I'm proud of me today..... not top of my game proud.  I know I will get better.  41 pounds in 12 weeks isn't going to be easy - but I'm on my way and I am happy you are all here to help me.  Let me know what kind of posts are helpful to you.  I can be pretty random!  Take care and I hope everyone was a 'loser' today!  ;)

3 comments:

  1. YEAH APRIL!!! That is awesome. Keep up the great work. I am proud of you and all your goals. Keep up the great work.
    Take care and have a blessed night sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, thanks for the introduction. I love all of your goals, if you accomplish them all im sure you will have a super fulfilling life. Can't wait to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the lettuce! Might need to make turkey tacos using lettuce! :)

    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete