Monday, June 6, 2011

First day of Slimmer This Summer!

I have made my post on a separate tab, check-check-check it out! I am so looking forward to this.  I went to the grocery store yesterday and loaded up on some good healthy stuff.  I actually love healthy foods - the problem is I love the unhealthy stuff just as equally.  A big challenge will be keeping a food log of everything I eat.  I always struggle with that, but have read SOOO many times that it is a big key in success.  I found a nice pink spiral notebook that I think will do the job just fine.  I have a job now that allows me to do some writing in it on my break.

One bad thing about the first day is that I already got my hands on some peanut butter cups - the death of me.  I ate two and quit.  I should have ate one or zero then quit, but the good thing is I didn't eat the whole bag.  An awesome part of the day was eating one of my wonderful crunchy sandwiches.  Why are they crunchy?  Because they're just wrapped in iceberg lettuce leaves!  It is two lettuce leaves, two slices of turkey (30 cal each), a piece of cheese (optional or a little bit of shredded cheese), and a tomato slice or sprinkled diced tomato.  It's wonderful and the calories are soooo low.  I had that with some cottage cheese for lunch and it was very satisfying.  A good quick, easy, guilt-free idea for you challengers out there!

I also need to be able to plan out my meals, at least for a couple days ahead.  I don't have much problem with repetitive menu items.  It's just that when I don't have a plan I go grab some chicken strips (fried) or a burger.  If I had a plan all the time and the food was ready to go (like the crunchy sandwiches or little bags of almonds, etc) - I'd be good to go.  Lack of planning....... gets me every time.

I would like to say good luck to everyone in the challenge.  I am excited we are going on this journey together.  Look out Labor Day weekend, we're going to have some hot mamas walking around everywhere!!!  ;)  

9 comments:

  1. Good job! You are making better choices, you didnt eat the whole bag!! Your crunchy sandwiches sound fun, I am going to try it out :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping at 2 was definitely good, sometimes it's harder to start and then stop then it is to just not eat things like that, so you should be happy.

    Your snacks at work idea sounds good, but unfortunately I work in retail and am not allowed to bring anything on to the shop floor, so no snacks while working for me. I took a bit of dried fruit/nut mix in a bag today though so I'd have something once I finished work, it helps with the temptations on the way to the train station home (aka krispy kreme and greggs bakery)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog before you binge. Hopefully there is a surfer among us that is standing guard. When I had a foo foo and blogged afterwards the understanding was tremendous and the feelings of guilt turned back to determination to do this and always think of the words that were left to me on my comments. I also try to go to that special post from a diet blogger that gives me inspiration. Today it was at Jack Sh*t" blog. His message was simple and strong today. The one with the maze. And I got the coolest captcha to put in here when I posted it was "bless" so bless you see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Miss April. I appreciate the blog love. I also am super excited to be in Slimmer for Summer with you. I look forward to us supporting each other and cheering each other on! and I am guessing you will reach that 30 for 30 goal long before 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was good you could stop yourself. Food can be an addiction that is tough to break. You are doing yourself well. :)

    I know that planning my meals helps me a lot! Right now, I'm following a "diet plan" (Now Eat This! Diet), but when this is over, I have to start planning my meals for a couple weeks. I love Hungry Girl and Biggest Loser books.

    Good luck in this challenge! I'm following you and will keep in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding new blogs like yours. I'm looking forward to cheering you on through the StS challenge. We certainly are going to be Slimmer this Summer. I'm going to have to try one of those crunchy sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm always excited to make new bloggy friends; especially when we are going to kick ass in the same challenge this summer! ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog; I am looking forward to following you along in this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I ditched gluten and most grains, I love using crunchy lettuce (either Romaine or Iceberg) for sandwhiches. Endive is lovely for egg salad little bites. We now eat our burgers, not on wheat buns, but in "Iceberg buns"

    Best with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have got to try using lettuce leaves for sandwiches. I am addicted to bread so it won't be all the time, but for a nice change up or if I know the other meal of the day is higher in calories.
    Congrats on stopping at 2 with the peanut butter cups! That is quite the accomplishment.
    I am a new follower from the challenge. Looking forward to stopping back in to encourage you and I will be praying.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete