Saturday, June 11, 2011

Slipping on Saturday

I did 30 minutes of walking today.  I ate..... way more than I should have.  Will do the total tomorrow.  I did get on the scale tomorrow, I was 5 pounds down for the week since Monday!  I was happy about that, it lit a fire under my big ol' butt for the first part of the day then this by lunchtime I slipped into ....... fried food again!  I had an 'indian taco', other places it's called a 'Navajo taco'.  It's a fried bread (the size of the plate) with all the meat, beans, cheese, and taco toppings on top and my oh my is it delicious.  You have to tackle it with a knife and fork.  Like yesterday's breakfast pizza, I quickly slipped into a carb-calorie coma and went to sleep for the afternoon.  I got up and was still full with that lump stuck in my stomach feeling.  Uggh.  I shall learn, hopefully not the hard way.  I hope I don't get on the scale tomorrow and am back up to the same.  I did good on the water, so good that I had to run home from my AM walk to hit the little girls' room because I'd already had about 40 oz. before I left at 9am!  This evening I think I"ll have an apple, some broccoli and maybe a yogurt if I'm still hungry although I doubt I will be.

On a better note: I started the day with peanut butter-apple oatmeal, a recipe I made just this morning.  3/4 c whole grain oats cooked per directions.  Add 1.5 tbsp peanut butter, heat through and add a little milk.  I then grated an apple up into a pile of what looked like hashbrowns and stirred it into the oatmeal.  It was awesome!  The apple added the sweet it needed and a little more to the already great texture of whole grain oatmeal.  I'd recommend this breakfast, and it kept me full for quite a while.  I ate it about 630am, then of course the next meal was about noon and was the taco - my vice of fried food!

4 comments:

  1. When I started my diet on April 13th, I planned on including cereal breakfast and at least 1 piece of bread for my carbs. I created an Oatmeal recipe similar I called it MojOat Breakfast. Instead of apple, I put in hazelnut sugar free syrup (kind for coffee), peanut butter a dolup from a teaspoon and of course oatmeal. It was filling. My loss was not so bad in the beginning and I also had some issues with Pizza (4 slices supreme from a pizzaria).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try not to beat yourself up too much. Use it as a learning experience and choose differently next time. {Those Indian Tacos are delish though!!} It's tough to completely change from the get go. Take it one small step at a time and keep moving forward. You're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never thought about grating apple into oatmeal before. I'd like the sweet but didn't want big chunks, so that makes a lot of sense.

    Looking on the bright side, it may have been one unhealthy meal, but you didn't say 'oh well, too late now' and binge, so you can move on and be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on your water intake. The oatmeal sounds good, I will have to try it out.

    Five pounds is awesome. We will all encounter set backs, but that is when we get back up and return to better choices the next day.

    ReplyDelete