Saturday, June 18, 2011

another post on this late night... and knee injury!

Just keep on keepin' on, that's what i have been trying to do these last couple of days.  I feel like I've been in a flurry of family drama, etc.  That's actually made me lose my appetite for the first time ever, usually I will run to cheesecake like it's my long lost soul mate or cuddle up with macaroni and cheese like it's the only sounding board I've ever known.  I've made pretty good choices, water did decrease today but I could tell on my evening walk that I was more tired and blah.  I have become dependent on the water for basic functioning during the day in many areas and I think that is a very GOOD thing!  On a sour note - the knee injury continues. 

What cardio can I do that will be effective and helpful with minimal impact on my knee?  I have been doing a pretty aggressive walk, but tonight was more of  leisurely stroll and yesterday was not at all due to knee.  I hate that, I keep asking myself if I'm making up an excuse or if it does really hurt.  It really does hurt........... any idea would help. 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the family drama. Congrats on not turning to food... tha is so awesome. Can you ride a bike...? I think that could be easier on your knee. Or what about swimming...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm unable to ride the bike with my knee issues but the elliptical doesn't bother it at all. Do what you can and listen to what your body is telling you. Maybe yoga or weight training? Find what works for you.

    Hope the family drama settles down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your knee. I certainly understand because both my husband and I suffer from knee problems. My husband has even had surgery and still has a lot of problems. Feel better and good luck with the weight in. I am dreading it because I know I didn't do well.

    ReplyDelete