Wednesday, May 2, 2012



May is my official kickoff for summer, and I have a fabulous summer planned.  I think in recent months I've 'lived life' more than I have in a couple years.  Compared to two years ago, I wouldn't recognize my schedule or life as my own - I would have thought it to be some awesome stranger's plans.  Nope, they are my own... Stop Existing, Start Living!  I can say without a doubt that a huge part of that is because of the weight loss.  I was trapped in my own body, I was big.... really big.  I was ashamed of what I had allowed myself to become. I still can't believe how far I've come! 

With summer comes more invitations for barbecues, patio drinks, etc..... I have to come up with a game plan.  Last summer I didn't stand my ground too often on the weight loss and 'forbidden foods'.  I think I ate a lot of darn cupcakes, those tasty little devils.  I have to be more concrete about what is and is NOT worth it to me. 

Summer Ground Rules:
1. no drinking booze at concerts (I attend a lot of those all day out door metal and rock music festivals - water is key!)  **Two big concerts this month - Marilyn Manson & Rob Zombie!!**
2. Walk a 5k at least 4 times a week
3. Get up at 5:30am and exercise for 30 minutes (cardio)
4. No fried foods.  Period.  Not even Oreos or twinkies (FYI, other than lots of alcohol... those were my only vacation food f*ckups - I even requested no birthday cake)
5. No red meat.  I LOVE grilled burgers, but I'm going to have to learn to love grilled chicken or a heated Boca burger just the same, it's just not worth it to have red meat.
6. Go to the gym 5 times a week, even if it's just to use a treadmill (it's been very rainy here lately).  I have officially paid for a gym membership through December 31st.  The free gym at the health clinic was great, but the times are so limited since it is only open until 6pm.
7. Give up coffee.  Give up diet Dr. Pepper
8. 120 ounces of water and/or green tea a day.  I've been slacking on this for about ten days and I can definitely feel it.

Those are the basics that will keep me on track.  I have a very fun summer planned and I don't want to let myself ruin it by giving in to temptations all the time.  My big summer trip is Seattle in mid-July.  My trip to Washington State was on my 30x30 list and I'm finally getting it done.  I have some unfinished emotional business to complete out there - that's been so tough to carry around with me the last two years.  Things can only get even better after the trip! :)

14 comments:

  1. No coffee?! Omg! If you can do that, you can do anything! haha.

    Seriously, good luck with your goals! I'm so jealous of your summer schedule. I wish I had lots of things planned like that. Have a total blast and enjoy every moment. Life is definitely worth living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got a great plan of attack, to stay on track for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhhhh... diet dr. pepper - what a little devil! I do love it so, as well!
    Good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I don't drink enough water, I definitely feel it. Still so happy you're back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay your back! We missed you!

    Sounds like a great plan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rules. Gotta get myself together and come up with some new summer rules too. :) Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a good idea to plan ahead - great plan! You can do it! Oh, and it's great to have you back - I missed reading your blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, they make a Boca Burger you can grill! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fantastic plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah it seems those little cupcakes and Oreo cookies are designed to pop in the mouth like a fat pill.

    "Stop Existing, Start Living" should be on a T-Shirt. Reminding me I lost my Ben Does Life "Do Life" shirt in my move.

    Yeah Coffee is why I am up at 3 AM. Drank 2 cups past 10 AM and I am zipity doo dah.

    Great to see you blogging happily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that is a real plan of attack well done you,im back on my healthy lifestyle lots of fruit and veggies you're a total inspiration lady!

    dp
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - good for you (and glad you're back - healing thoughts to James).

    One alternative I use to pop (soda) drinking is carbonated water - like Perrier but sold here as low-sodium club soda much more cheaply. I find it gives me the refreshing zing (sometimes I add lemon or a tablespoon of other juice to it).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huh? Marilyn Manson is still alive? Sheesh...he's been around since I was in middle school! Oh, wait. I'm thinking of Alice Cooper, who was the creepy-cool heavy metal god way before MM. Now I'm REALLY showing my age, aren't I?

    Excellent plans for the summer, with plenty of fun in there!!

    ReplyDelete