Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday....... STFU

I've had about four invitations out to the bar or to happy hour, a big buffet for lunch, etc. for Fat Tuesday.  One girl kept asking and asking and asking and I kept saying 'No, thanks, I already have a ton of stuff I have to do after work plus I'm not drinking in February'.  So, she said, '''ohhhhhhh, come on - you can drink!  It's Fat Tuesday!''''.  I said, 'We're fat every day!  We don't need a day to celebrate, we should un-celebrate actually.... so shut the fuck up!!!' and came in my office.  I think I might get fired because it was one of the Exec people.  Oops.  Seriously, peer pressure much?  What is this, high school?  I need to read the history on it (like I have time), but isn't Fat Tuesday, lent, etc. for Catholics?  I assure you that NONE of the people who asked me to go do something were Catholic.  Like, zero.  Bitch fest for today done.

This evening:
Home at 4:30pm
Exercise DVD 5-6:30pm
6:30-7 shower, make a green juice
7pm Biggest Loser (mostly I read a magazine or write in my journal, but the show is on in the background)
8pm Read a book
10pm Asleep.

No pancakes, donuts, beer, french fries, cheeseburgers, buffets, or boobie beads.

I might be lame for now, but I'm trying to not die or fall off the wagon (diet or booze).  It's not easy!

13 comments:

  1. Good on you for sticking to your guns. Sometimes people just need to accept no for an answer and respect peoples choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um-yes because celebrating a holiday you could care less about is completely worth tossing your health goals. That's right-they can suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fat tuesday is the party/stuff your face til you barf/live it up par-tay before lent when ya fast & all that shit.

    unless i am on bourban street in the heart of new orleans with a ginormous hurricane in tow, a neck full of cheesy plastic beads & my voice hoarse from screaming -- it's kinda pointless to celebrate fat tuesday/mardi gras to me?

    and omg LMFAO @ "we're fat everyday"
    bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahaha!
    i adore you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, you are in NO WAY lame - you're smart and tough and you have a plan. Go Ellie!! SWAK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. We're fat everyday, including today. You made me smile, and I hope you don't get fired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch.. sticking to your guns is one thing but firing them off at others.. yikes! Hope you don't get fired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everthing worth having is never easy, but oh so sweet when the effort is put in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Good job not giving in. SO much of food is social!!! it's instances like what you wrote about that make me feel like an old fuddy-duddy. But I'm with you... I'm ready to give up some fun if it means not losing my shit and eating/drinking to my heart's content. I've already done that... time to undo.

    (mardi gras is the last day to indulge before lent - hence the terrible eating/drinking/debauchery).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate pressure from people who are supposedly adults, and I've had to resort to being rude back (I hate stooping to their level) when someone JUST DOESN'T GET IT. Good for you, your day went according to plan & you are gettin' shit done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I hear ya on the pressure. I get it from my mom who is living with me now. I just need to tell her over & over until it sinks in I guess that I know what works for me so QUIT! I'm do in with y'all on the juicing! I thought you already started cause I didn't realize it's only the 22nd today!! I need to get organized in the next few days & then it's juice fest

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHAHA, I love your reply. "We're fat every day!" That's so funny.

    ReplyDelete