Friday, January 6, 2012

Pumpkin Smoothie

I've been drinking these for months and meant to share when it was the fall season - but I didn't get around to it.  These are a great, quick, filling breakfast!  I love to make them or green smoothies. 

8 oz Silk Almond milk - 90
1 banana - 70
1/2 can pumpkin - 83
1 tsp vanilla - 12
Cinnamon - 6
Ginger - 6
1 tbsp raisins - 33

Total: 300

The original recipe called for 1 tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup.  I used the brown sugar, but have since replaced it with raisins or I skip this part completely.  I am not very tech savvy, so my little X through the tbsp of brown sugar looks a little goofy, but hey -I tried!  I love buying the little 4 packs of almond milk, they're delicious and so handy to grab on the go if necessary with a piece of fruit for a snack or quick light meal. 

The recipe calls for 1/2 can pumpkin.  To measure, I spread it in a container then scored it in half with a butter knife.  I have since cut the recipe down to 1/3 can of pumpkin because 1/2 is too pumpkin-ey.  I am a pumpkin fanatic, so if it's too pumpkin-ey for me, it's really full of pumpkin!  I just do this then score it in 3 sections, makes a quick  breakfast for 3 days of the week - talk about a cheap recipe too!

All blended and ready to rock in my 'Wickedly Sinful' Vegas cup... mmmm.  Great to sip on while getting ready in the morning.  Drinking my breakfast out of this glass with rock & roll blaring through the house makes me feel like a Rockstar and I know it's going to be a damn good day!

So thick, creamy and delicious!!  It def eats like a meal, I don't get hungry for hours.  Fiber, protein, and lots of great nutrients with the pumpkin and banana!  I love this breakfast!

19 comments:

  1. Almost identical! Toss some chocolate in there next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey April! Thanks for your comment on my blog, and for following. :) Your breakfast looks amazing! I am thinking of trying a smoothie to shake things up a bit (ha, no pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe I've never tried pumpkin. Sigh! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to self...use pumpkin in pantry for good instead of evil...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you figured out the calories in it? Just curious. Since this next week it's time to start counting everything I'm just looking for ideas.
    Take care and have a blessed afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds great! I'll have to give it a try sometime soon:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I didn't see that and you know what I looked just in case before I commented. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds good, except I don't like pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have a green smoothie every day for breakfast! so energizing! too bad i am not a big fan of pumpkin because that looks & sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was never a big fan of pumpkin but this might be worth a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i SO need to try these. pumpkin..smoothie.. 2 of the greatest things in life mixed together! yum!!!

    just dropped by to let ya know i tagged you in my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Umm...yea...trying this tomorrow!!!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks really good! Yum! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love pumpkin anything!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish pumpkin was popular over here and more available to buy because I love it! I doubt i'll be able to make this until Halloween next year :(

    ReplyDelete