Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Goals

This Month's Self - Challenges.  Feel free to join!  :)

1. I'm going to do the 30 Day Shred, again.... starting today.  It's a solid workout and it doesn't take forever, but it does yield results. 

Level 1: Dec 1 - Dec 10
Level 2: Dec 11- Dec 20
Level 3: Dec 21 - Dec 30

I will finish the year 2011 strong.  Why not?  This will be in addition to walking and visits to the gym.

2. No sweets for 10 days.  The dates will be Dec 5-14.  I can do 10 days, that will be trying during this time of the year.  I am also a holiday baker, so I like to taste the cookies and treats I give out to people.  I finally got in the holiday spirit and started baking last weekend.  I love it, very relaxing to me and the house always smells delish!  Ten days with no sugar, eek!  I can do it and I believe in myself, so I've already won half the battle before it even starts.  :)

3. Buy an exercise bike for home.  I have been dragging my feet on this.  I have read the reviews, etc..  Any suggestions would be helpful.  I just need something in my home other than DVDs for working out.  A go-to for cardio or warming up in the mornings would be nice.

12 comments:

  1. Ah, I wanted an indoor bike, but I gots no room. Hubby wants outdoor bikes, for us both, so we can hit the streets together. I imagine us trashed by Miami crazy butt drivers. Slim and bloody on the asphalt.hahah

    I know, neuroses showing

    I foresee real bikes (and my terror) in our future. :D

    Good luck with goals and bike-buying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice goals! I really want some kind of cardio machine in my house too.

    Also--love this song. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! You can do it. =)

    I'm really wanting to buy a treadmill for the house too, but I'm struggling with which one to buy. That's pretty much all I do at the gym anyway.

    I also love 30 Day Shred! Though I never got past Level 2. Can't wait until Baby gets here so I can give it a try again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good goals! You are inspiring me to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome goals & you know how i feel about the 30 day shred -- i need to get on the monthly goal thingy -- definitely going into 2012!

    i know nothing about stationary bikes -- other than they kill your ass -- heh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brave lady, 10 days of no sweets in December!! I would be a sugar-deprived festive mess :) Can't wait to hear how you go with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading the last few posts that I somehow missed and I totally agree with James- you are totally awesome and I don't get how anyone can't see that! Good luck on the shred! I'm out here cheering for you every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals! Good luck - though I don't think you need it! You will kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't afford a bike, or find room for it, so I bought a step box. I am stepping my heart out, and my heart rate is actually higher than at a spin class - how crazy is that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great goals girl! You can do the no sugar for 10 days! It's tuff, but you can do it if you want to! I'm a holiday baker too...but this year, I've decided not to be (hurts my heart to all those cute christmas cookie cutters and sprinkles up in my pantry that will go unused, but it must be done!).

    And how awesome about the bike! I hope you find one you like. Our gym has the lifefitness ones and they are great. We have outdoor bikes and I really want a second one of those...but santa is too broke this year. It's my prize for when I hit 185 though, so I told santa he better get to saving! Ha!

    Hang on to these goals April! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the smell of freshly baked cookies in the house. It's one of my favourite smells ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah for the awesome December goals. You are going to love having a bike at home! I totally should go 10 days with out sweets/goodies. I need to make that as a goal as well! Have a great December!

    ReplyDelete