Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Christmas tree & Thankful For list....



Here is a pic of my first Christmas tree in my house, ever.  I think I am going to add a couple black ornaments to calm down the red and silver.  Glittery black of course.  This girl has glitter in her blood, I love all things that sparkle.  I know red is predictable for Christmas, but I absolutely love the color red. 

Last week a lot of people posted what they were thankful for.  I am late to the bandwagon, but I'm jumping on.  :) 

1. My sister Steph.  She is amazing.  She just turned 31 yesterday.  We are best friends.  Don't get me wrong - we fight sometimes and give each other the silent treatment.  But, at the end of the day - I know I have her as the girl in my corner at all times.  We would do pretty much anything for each other.  Without each other, neither of us would be alive - literally.  She's my angel right here on Earth!

2. My health.  I have mobility, I can move it, move it and shake it, shake it whenever I want to.  I can walk, bend, jog, stand, squat, lunge, punch, fight.....  I can breathe.  I can see everything in this world and take in all the beauty, if I let myself.  It's always a good day to be six feet above ground, remember that. 

3. My friends.  I don't have a ton of friends here, as I am new to this town.  I have a lot of friends in Kansas where I used to live.  I love our chats and how much they care about me and my happiness.  I love sharing our lives and laughing.  I love getting random text messages, we're all really sweet on each other and really random at the same time.  One text I got this week said, "Hey lady, I just thought you should know I am thinking about you and I miss you".  Another text from a friend said, "I won't puke in that night stand, but I might be able to pee in it".  <<Random moment from Vegas.  They keep me alive sometimes with their craziness and love.

4. My 89 year old Great Uncle Babe.  He's hilarious.  He came and had coffee with me the other day.  he tells the best stories.  He drives around and drinks beer because he's highly inappropriate.  He has a great wife, they've been married 70 years.  I said, how do you make the marriage last so long?  He said, "Because nobody else wants us".  He's a gem. 

5. My job.  It provides stability, income, experience for my resume, interactions with great people, knowledge, opportunity to grow my leadership and management skills, chance to serve my community, ability to enhance services provided to children with disabilities, responsibility to promote unity between the Native American and non-Native community members.....  It really is a great job, minus the politics.  But, aren't most jobs like that? 

6. Books.  I get to learn and travel the world all within the broken down spine of an old, smelly book.  I love books, I love to read.  I haven't made much time for it lately, but I need to get crackin'.  100 books before April is still a goal, I need to update the page on here with my most recent reads. 

7. Modern Amenities.  Running water, electricity, electronics.  *I didn't always have electricity while growing up, because my Mother didn't always pay the bill..... sometimes for weeks/months.  Same with running water.  There were things more important to her than paying bills to provide for us children.  Don't take it for granted, I know what it's like to be without water, electricity, food, cleanliness.  It sucks.*

8. James.  He came into my life at a perfect time, when I thought it was the worst time to be meeting someone.  I still can't believe it.  I'm taking it all in slowly and trying to not get too hooked, but as amazing as he is - it's hard not to. 

9. My mind.  I can think, freely.  I can express myself.  I can make decisions.  I am intelligent.  I love learning.  I have a great memory, I have wonderful memories that fill my mind and I can go to those places whenever I feel the need!  I feel sorry for people that just waste away and never challenge themselves to think.   

10. My Guardian Angels and Wakan Tanka (The Great Mystery in Lakota language); the sacred higher power that guides and protects me.  Add to that, Karma.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, I need to make a list like this of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list and I'm glad that in spite of the turmoil going on right now, you are going to be "home" for the holidays. There's nothing worse than being somewhere other than your own bed during trying times.

    I'm praying that things calm down for you and you are able to enjoy your new relationship without the craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's always a good day to be six feet above ground" -- I really loved this. It is so true and I try to remember that every day, no matter how I'm feeling at the moment.

    Your list is as awesome as you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its a great idea to list what we're grateful for in our lives. Sometimes it's easy to forget about how lucky we are and we tend to take things for granted too often.

    As for me leaving blogland once i hit my target weight, you seem to forget that i've got another 10 million steps to do! You'll have to put up with me for a long long time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to getting to know you! Have a fabulous Wed!

    ReplyDelete