Sunday, September 11, 2011

CDCC Initial post and weigh in

Last week weigh in: 274
This week: 272

Two pounds away from my next reward!  At 270 I get $30 at iTunes.  I already bought the $30 card, but have to wait to spend it... should be next week!!  Music=Life.  I think a two pound loss for the week is great and it's a good number to start the challenge at.  This week I did Biggest Loser Last Chance workout a few times and walked a LOT.  I danced the other night for hours on end, my knees and thighs hurt so good!! :) 

My goal: Lose 30 pounds this challenge.  That is 2 a week for the 14 week challenge, plus a bonus 2 for good measure.  ;)

Calorie Range : 12-1500/day.  I suck at tracking, so a big goal will to do this and add in the counts on my weekly updates! 

Exercise: Challenge goal of 3x a week.  My goal of 4x a week with a walk 7x a week.

Consistent:  I have had consistent weight loss since June 1.  I had a 6 pound gain around July 1 when I binged twice after my grandmother was killed in her apartment fire.  I had a gain last week of ONE lousy pound but I am so done talking about that - if someone brings it up again I might go apeshit.  I don't try to 'make up for lost time' after I faulter on healthy eating - it is what it is.  If I have breakfast pizza on Friday, I'm not going to starve myself on Saturday to counteract the calories/fat in the pizza.  That is ridiculous to me.  I also don't hide my "mistakes" (I may or may not even consider them mistakes....), so watch the fuck out because I post about cupcakes!!!!!!  :)  (I also swear!)

Hydrate Sufficiently:  Never a problem.  AT LEAST 80 ounces a day, usually closer to 120! :)

Book: The Spark by Chris Downie  This is a 'beginning your journey' type of book that I've been meaning to read.  I will be reading another one here, but not sure which one.  I went to Mir's Amazon 'store' and was overwhelmed by the great selection! Will update after this one is read and I start another.  I read books rather quickly, once I get started!  Reading 100 books is on my 30 before 30 list before I turn the big 3-0 next April - soooo this will help kill two birds with one stone!  Sweet! 

Dress:  I tried dress shopping.  It didn't work.   I went out of town today to Lane Bryant and tried a few on, I just imagine I'll still look pregnant at my goal weight for this challenge.  I remember I have a shirt in my closet with the TAGS STILL ON from like two years ago.  I will take pics and post - be prepared the shirt is oh so tight.  LOL.  I always said I looked like a sausage in a white striped casing... haha.  And yet, it has taken me two years to get around to doing something about it.  Strange.

15 comments:

  1. On June 6, I weighed 311.... I am one pound away from a full 40 lost! Next week I will have reason to celebrate. :) That just dawned on me when I updated by Weigh Ins page!!! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this will be a great challenge for you. Am really impressed with your loss so far. Impressive. Keep going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Spark! That book really helped me. I'll probably start re-reading it once I finish the book I'm at now. Sounds like a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll look forward to seeing your blouse. We all start somewhere. My dress is 32 years old and it'll be hard to get there but I'm going to work hard and I know you will too.
    Take care April and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I as well hope to see the pic soon. Sorry about your grandmother :( I'm here if you need anything

    ReplyDelete
  6. A shirt is fine. Doesn't have to be a dress at all. Let's all celebrate your milestone loss!!!!

    I also stopped thinking the "Let's make up for a bad day with a starving day." I'm of the, "Make up for a bad day/week with a long series of good days and weeks." :)

    Happy challenging, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm rubbish at tracking and drinking water, it's something i've yet to get the hang of despite being on my weight loss journey for nearly a year. It's great that you dont hide your mistakes. That's something I believe is neccessary in order to help us hit our goals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dresses = love. I'm wearing one right now, actually. You just need to find a cut that is perfect for you. :)

    And congrats on the loss! Also, which challenge are you doing? I'm curious...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo 2lbs! I can't wait to start losing like that again. Good for you.

    I'm so sorry about your grandma. That is truly tragic. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey. :D I'm glad youi like my PSA. :D

    Good luck on the challenge, too!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. You may be rubbish at tracking now, but you won't be by the time the Challenge is over. It's a habit, and any habit can be made or broken in a human being. You've made some excellent, AMAZING (40 Pounds!) progress since summertime, so just keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good going on the 40 pounds....I find tracking to be very important to keeping me on track.....even if I have to track a cupcake. I'm buying myself some "prizes" also. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super excited we are in this together!! You can reach your goal and you will do great!! get a journal and try tracking your calories!

    One thing, among many, that I love about your blog is your complete honesty when you do good or bad! Don't change that! It's a wonderful thing to help you keep yourself accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love me some music too!! I hope you find a dress you like:-) I've had that Spark book on my list of books to check out but haven't yet so I'll be interested to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete