Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Vegas is so close, I can taste it!

Not much going on here other than the fact that I NEED a vacation soon, 7 weeks away is a LONG freakin' time.  In reality, that time will fly by because work has my head spinning most days I am so busy.  I am so NOT a numbers person.  I went into social work to work with - PEOPLE!  As a program director and having our new budget come in  - numbers is all I see all freakin' day, at least for another two weeks. 

Remember how being in the tanning bed would manage to relax me so much I would come home and do jack shit all evening?  I solved that by doing the stand up tanning booth - no lying in my warm little cocoon of UV bulbs.  It's not comfortable at all, the changing area is made for a Barbie doll (I barely fit in there - no joke), you stand up for the whole time (obviously) and it is so loud in there it sounds like a tornado is ripping through the joint.  Yeah, so I do not come home relaxed, however the bulbs are more powerful which means more bang for my buck on the minutes used.  I am getting tan!  :)  I don't even know what the urge was that I all of a sudden needed to do the tanning, but I am enjoying it so I'm not going to try to figure out the need.  I like it, that's good enough sometimes!

I went to the grocery store and got some new stuff today!  I got some almond milk, coconut milk, dark chocolate almond milk (1 single serving), different kinds of Greek yogurt (Taste test post to be coming in the next week after I try all 3), raw almonds, ground flax seed, steel cut oats, gluten free whole wheat crisp something or others, Special K cracker chips, Justin's almond butter & organic peanut butter, cinnamon almonds, Yogi tea, organic bars of some sort and.... 4 different bottles of wine.  :) I got to go 'out of town' today, meaning I was in a real town with real stores like Wal-mart and a grocery store with more than 1.5 aisles!  It was amazing.  I didn't shop for nonsense, not one shirt, not a magazine - nothing.  August is spend nothing month, but groceries are a necessity so yeah, I went a little crazy with it.  I had a gift certificate to this awesome grocery store so I didn't feel guilty buying all this random organic stuff that I usually don't eat.  Time to expand my taste buds and get shelf items since summer will eventually come to a close and I won't have the awesome selection of fruits and veggies that I do now. 

I'm sweating like crazy as I just did the Biggest Loser last chance workout, some yoga, and random floor exercises to target core/abs (I'm sure there ARE abs under there, right?).  This belly is still ginormica.  Seriously.  My boobs are smaller, my face is smaller, my thighs squish out less, my bat wings have less folds - but this belly wont' go away!  I'm getting so depressed about it.

8 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! I've never been to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wanna go to Vegas, but if I stay at goal weight for 3 years (ie, break the odds and maintain), my reward is a trip to Tuscany (or wherever the heck I really want to go at that time). Hubby's been informed of this since a while now. He knows I needed a big reward to focus on the long-term (maintenance).

    I love Fage. LOOOVE FAGE. 2%. I add fruit and nuts (current fave is berries and walnuts or almonds). Last night I had melon for dessert, so I just blissed out my Fage with vanilla extract and splenda and almond slivers to make it almond-vanilla yogurt. Mmmm. So creamy.

    My belly and fatwings are still huge. My legs look pretty great (other than the crinkley inner thigh skin). I love wearing minis and shorts now. my legs rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loveeee the biggest loser last chance workout! im trying not to even worry about my belly and batwings until after i lose the weight and get to goal. then i'll spend all next year toning hopefully. lol. my main focus this year is the get the weight down. :) I've been trying to try new things too. I still havent found a reason to try greek yogurt though. you let me know how that goes. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmm Vegas is glorious!!!!

    Do you have an ipod/iphone? There is an ab program that I downloaded and have been using for 2 weeks now and I love it!!!....it only takes 8 minutes and it has 8 different exercises for your abs.....it is working wonders for me....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks for getting my butt back to blogging! You are doing so weelll, and beauty you are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My midsection/torso area is a complete disaster. I can't even talk about it. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking I wanna get under 300 before I start the shred again. Should only be a week or 2...Then wanna be my shred buddy!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of people have told me that the belly is usually the last thing to go. I'm not sure if they're playing a joke on me because I think that's a load of rubbish. Mine definitely isnt going anywhere! Grrr!

    ReplyDelete