Monday, August 15, 2011

Slimmer this Summer Update

Last week's weight: 279
Today: 278

One pound down, but I'm happy about it.  Last week was 6 which was crazy and almost unbelievable.  I feel like I had just lost some TOM from the week before with that 6 lb number.  Now being 7 pounds down in 2 weeks, that makes a lot more sense to me.  I had some total screw-up days, posted earlier this week.  Those days come and go, the goal is to just have much less of them and more of the committed days until the strong days are the ONLY days!

I have also been in an ugly & chaotic place emotionally, but that is subsiding and I'm just recognizing how strong I really am.  Putting the past in the past and leaving it there is a tough one for me, always has been.  I think overall my fear is being single for the rest of my natural life.  I know that will not be the case and you have all left some wonderfully supportive comments, for which I have been grateful. 

I also had a doctor's appointment on Thursday August 4th that I never posted about.  He was impressed with the weight lost so far and gave me some resources in this tiny town I live in that I didn't know about (new resident).  My blood pressure was 'perfect' according to the nurse.  Lab work results indicated that I have high triglycerides, whatever that is.  I need to do some research.  Like I stated in my last post, I suck at researching what I need to for this weight loss journey.  Other lab work tests were good: no chance I'm diabetic or pre-diabetic, those levels were great.  My CBC (complete blood count) was good, hemoglobin was 10.2.  That would be somewhat low for anyone else, but I have always had issues with that and anything over a 10 is good for me.  It's very good when they don't throw me into a hospital bed for a blood transfusion (I've had several throughout my life).  Cholesterol levels were all okay, both the 'good' and the 'bad' kind. 

This week's goals:
Just do it.  Make the healthy habits of fresh food and exercise the norm.  Keep believing in myself.  Keep a positive outlook.  BL Last Chance workout DVD.  Compliment someone each day at work or home.  Bring my lunch to work every day this week!  Live, love, laugh....  :)  Simple goals, really - just takes hard work and sweat to pull them off, I'm ready!  :)    

11 comments:

  1. Some great goals for the week! Glad to hear that you are down another pound - keep up the good work!!!!

    Staying MOtivated MO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just take it one moment, one thing at a time. If you screw up, pick up and move on. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Do It. I love that slogan. You CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 lbs for two weeks is really impressive, go you! My weight loss seems to go in bursts like that too sometimes - really big loss one week, then a smaller one after, to bring it back into human levels!
    And you're not alone with that 'permanent singledom' fear, but speaking from personal experience, once some pounds are shed and you get that first glance on the street...you'll believe anything is possible!

    Ooh PS, triglycerides are a kind of fat/lipid in your blood. Its sort of related to cholesterol, but not quite the same thing. And since your blood pressure was perfect, as long as you're eating ok, no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being another pound down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! A pound is a pound (and 3.5 a week is a great 'average' lol)- congrats!!!
    And those are great goals for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great loss! You are really going well on
    The STS! Love the fact that one of your goals is to pack a lunch . That really rifle for me. It does not really take that long. Have a great wwk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on the loss!! You ARE doing it! Keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One pound, in my world, is a great loss. I'm happy as pie when I lose a pound. :D

    Congrats on good glucose and props from the doc. And yes, fresh food + exercise is a winning combo for ANYONE. We all need to eat REAL food and MOVE...all of us. It's how we're designed.

    Happy weekend, April!

    ReplyDelete