Saturday, August 13, 2011

Good start to the day/weekend

Walk 2 miles at 5am, yes please.  Do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred at 6am, yes please.  Portion out delicious snacks/meals for Saturday and Sunday (mostly fruits and vegetables), yes please.  It's 8:35am and I have already consumed 64 ounces of water, Yes please!  I am just now having my coffee after all of that, which is a first.  I think I just figured get up and get out the darn door before I waste another day!

Wednesday and Thursday were weird-tough days.  Yesterday was so/so.  Now, back in the saddle and ready to move forward.  I wasn't even that mad at myself or depressed about being so lazy on Weds-Thurs, I just couldn't figure out why my commitment just dropped off a cliff out of the blue.  This will sound dumb, but I think it had to do with the fact that I went tanning right after work.  I love being in the tanning bed, it's like a little warm cocoon.  I also love the smell of my tanning lotion - it freakin' rocks.  "Incredibly Black" in the purple bottle with the skull and crossbones on it.... anyhow, yeah.  I would go to the tanning salon, come home, sit on the couch, and just be way too relaxed to function.  So, I think I need to remember that I think it may have been partially triggered by that and not do it again.  (It's unfair I have to tan anyhow, considering I am Native American but got skipped by the natural tan genes....  It's also August, I should be tan enough from being outside - but my new job is a bear and I work ALL the time!)  Ridiculous, I know - but I do think the tanning was part of the problem and it was the only thing that changed about my routine - who would have thought.......

I am making lasagna for my family tonight.  I am going to just eat a 1/2 cup of the meat-tomato sauce and a big salad.  I have no problem skipping the pasta and cheese - it makes me feel bla and go into a food coma anyhow.  I am making strawberry-spinach salad, which is one of my all time favorite salads.  It's full of flavor, texture, and wonderful presentation.  I am also making this Pineapple Angel Food Cake posted by Alissa over at A Journey to Thin.  I can't wait to try it!

Like I have stated before, food is a big thing in our family - for every occasion.  Tomorrow we are planning to go to Sunday brunch - I haven't been to Sunday brunch in about a year.  It's at this wonderful restaurant.  I will admit, I'm a little worried.  I will be thinking about how my 'strategy'.  Sit in the car maybe?  ;)  




12 comments:

  1. Just watch out for the carbs baby on the breakfast. You can eat a lot of eggs on a diet and omelets are a great diet dish. I know for me it would be hard to see the bisquits and gravy, though. I love me some bisquits.
    I have family here, too and then more came because the teenager cousin had her baby. Ahh it is so cute. A little girl-Destiney Rae. And they have been here for months and the food going on is hard on a dieter, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! That's a lot of moving so early in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone gets in a funk sometimes. You did the right thing by just getting up and getting going. I am hardly moving and ti's 2pm lol. I will have to try the cake and good luck with dinner tomorrow night!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great April!! You have the tools, you know what to eat at brunch. (We all do, don't we? We just...make bad choices, hahaha. At least I know I do!) You can make good choices, I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...you were excercising while I was still trying to get my ass out of bed for work... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang! You have some crazy motivation today! Way to go! I want just an ounce of that today! I am so proud of you! Also, I have never been to a tanning bed...I am afraid I am too fat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you enjoyed the Pineapple Angel Food Cake! It's DELISH! :)

    And way to go on the workouts!! Rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn girl - you just completed an entire day's workout while I was still in bed! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo Hoo! You are on fire... way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the blog love! The cake was a big hit, I sent leftovers home with them. Not that I didn't want it, but it needed to find a new home since I live alone and would have eaten the whole thing - alone. Having 3/4 cup of sauce and a salad was very filling and delicious. There was only 1 question about it, I said I just didn't need the calories, etc in the pasta-cheese and that was it, subject dropped. That was easier than I thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete