Wednesday, August 31, 2011

5 day weekend? Yes, please.

I have 4 more hours of work then I have a 5 day weekend, YES YES YES!  I can not wait.  I will be spending time with family and friends, doing some entertaining and of course holiday barbecues.  I will be a very good girl on my best behavior though because I have come WAY too far in this to screw it all up now over potato salad and ice cream.  I will probably have a couple bites of potato salad though.  I have never been good at completely depriving myself of certain foods, it always leads me into failure.  I just eat the foods I like, but much less of them.  I did start taking a broccoli salad to family get togethers so I can eat almost a full cup of that to be plenty full then just a sampling of my other faves that people bring (potato salad, baked beans, macaroni salad).  There has always been watermelon which saves me from the cupcakes and cookies.  I've been having burgers with no bun.  It's simple decisions, really - but they fit well into the right equation that has got me this far.

I am writing out an exercise plan for the month of September.  Vacation is getting closer, oh sweet sweet Vegas. Las Vegas is a LOT of freakin' walking though so I need to be prepared for that.  I want to start doing 5-6 miles a day.  I am always inspired by Gracie's walks!  That girl is a rockstar, a nice long walk can really clear the mind.  Time to step my game up!  :)   

8 comments:

  1. It's a big, crappy mindgame: you have to tell yourself that if you really want it you can have it, but you're choosing to not have it. Damn you potato salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. April. I agree with you completely about not depriving yourself of the foods you love. Doing so is a sure fire way to find yourself going overboard when you finally can't resist the temptation. 5-6 miles a day is a LOT! Go girl!!! I wanted to follow you but couldn't find the link so I guess I'll have to subscribe??? I'm still re-learning this blogging thing. I'm waaaay out of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our WW leader says deprivation is fattening. ;) So go for that bite of potato salad! :) Enjoy your luxuriously long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove Vegas! My advice to you is that you take the bus as much as you can! Even still you'll probably walk 10-20 miles a day (we were closer to 20 most days). Let me tell you, your feet will thank you for spending the $24 or whatever it is and getting a 3 day bus pass! What hotel are you staying at?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anytime I go to a bbq, I always bring food that I know I can eat. I always bring a fruit tray and a fresh veggie tray. I stay away from the potato salad, and just have grilled chicken, or a bunless burger, like you. A little bit of macaroni salad, and some regular salad, and i'm good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five day weekend!

    How did you swing that!? I want in :(

    Have a great holiday weekend and ENJOY YOURSELF! You can make good choices, you have the tools!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey April, You left me a comment about low carb links, one of my favorite is blog.yourlighterside.com, she has some great recipes and carbtripper.blogspot.com is also wonderful. Anne H has an amazing sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go for setting up an exercise plan...and I completely agree you need to get the bus pass. As you read before on my blog, I walked an assload when I was pregnant and we went there. OMG I wanted to die! I am still really really super jealous of you btw! I love it there!!

    ReplyDelete