Sunday, July 3, 2011

get your mind right!

I don't have much to say on this hot, muggy day...... I have been thinking a LOT this week, read previous couple of posts and you'll see the absolute hell my family and I have been dealing with....... Anyhow, with all that said - my friends, it's time to get our game faces on.  We are a few weeks into this challenge.  Some of us have slipped, slid, and been buried in cupcakes.  That's bullshit, wake up.  You only get one life.  One.  One shot.  What you do today is the most important - not yesterday when you ate two cheeseburgers and a milkshake.  Today.  Get off it.  Do it.  Why?  Because you can and because..... You. Are. Worth. It.

I feel lazy, I am too tired, I had to mow so no time for a 'real' workout, I did housework and that counts.  That's bologna.  Get your mind right!  Back in the game - the game called life.  That's where I am.  I bought the cutest running shoes today.  Do I run?  Not so much, but I can.  I am completely capable of doing so, so I will be.

I am feeling pretty good, despite knowing I will record a gain tomorrow and knowing the sadness surrounding my family will not be quick to leave.  I am getting my mind right, living for today because it's all I have.  Something clicked a few weeks ago and 12 pounds were shed, something clicked today that lit an absolute fire.  April's going hard, who is coming with me?!  Best of luck this week!!!

7 comments:

  1. I am going hard with you! I have to catch up on some of your past posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If life was easy, they wouldnt have made a board game out of it." I saw that on a blog this week. Made me realize, I gotta stop makin excuses. Get off my duff and stop the pity party!
    Be thinking bout you this week!! Go get em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The moment-you own it, you better never let it go!
    You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow!
    This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo!"

    ~Marshall Mathers AKA Eminem
    This blogger needs more followers. I really dug this video on there. It is about a guy who ran (like Forrest) when he decided to lose weight.
    http://undercoverdieting.blogspot.com/2011/06/motivation.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK! You talked me into it! I am with you and we WILL do this! Starting tomorrow it's a brand new day and a brand new way to say "I CAN"!

    Thank you! I needed this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I so needed that kick in the butt. I've been full of excuses. It's not like "life" will ever just give you a break so you're right, no more excuses. I just need that to "click" with me again!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Game face is on!!!

    Will be praying for you and your family as you mourn your loss. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is very motivational! I hope to read more speaches like that in the future! You've hooked me in to your blog :D

    ReplyDelete