Thursday, May 3, 2012

Final 30 Before 30 Update!

http://missapril-30before30.blogspot.com/p/30x30-list-progress-and-notes.html 

  ***Red indicates items not complete, there are 13.  I got pretty darn close on most of them though.

***One item, #16, is a wash.  So, really it was 29x30  ;)

The Official 30x30 List 
1. Lose 85 pounds!!!!  **The goal was to weigh 220 on my  bday of 4/21 - fail, but so freakin' close!**

2. Do some genealogy of my family, create a family tree

3. Write in my journal with more frequency and consistency. It is kind of sporadic now.

4. Get a passport Haven't even thought about this one, need to.

5. Start learning Spanish (I'm awful about this and don't really know how to go about it, very rural area and not much for learning opportunities... 1/26/12)

6. Have my idea for a custom piece of art done in memory of T (my soul mate); whether it be a tattoo or canvas for my home.  This is a really tough one for me and it hurts my heart to think about.  My boyfriend/love of my life was hit by a train and killed in June 2010 and I don't think I've been the same since it happened.  One day I might accept it so I can get over it.... Not today.

7. Have my Washington State trip for June 2012 planned!    Date is actually set for July 2012

8. Make a totally awesome custom birthday cake for a family member This will probably actually be a cake for the shower for miracle baby, her first cake ever. Well, even though she can't eat any.  Her party is Memorial Day weekend, so I'll be doing it then!

9. Pay off all consumer debt Well in progress.  

10. Create 2 presentations. The topics will probably be some social issues, etc.  Progress, ideas selected - will be part of my job.

11. Have my next educational goal decided and well in the process..... whether it be another degree or some certification(s) (*1/24/12 - I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  I have two bachelor's degrees and one Master's.  I don't want any more student debt until I know what I want to do).

12. Always carry a water bottle with me

13. Gather information/stories about my Dad's life, his time in office, his childhood, his travels.... This has been the most amazing and fulfilling item on my list.  If 29 of the list went ignored, this is the 1 that has made me feel most complete as a person.  My Dad died when I was 6, I now realize just how amazing he was as a human being, a politician, a friend.... 

14. Be able to jog 3 miles without feeling or sounding like I am on the brink of death... Registered for a couple 5k's, so it just got real! :)

15. (It's a secret!!) Still a secret.... Meeeooow!!!  This secret was amazing. :)

16. Go visit my little desert friend, I have been saying I would for years and haven't gone yet. This one is removed from the list due to drama city.   I will think of a replacement goal. No replacement goal has been set. Meh, turns out this one was just a complete wash....

17. Consume only water and raw foods for 10 days straight

18. Have a spa day

19. Go to a touring Broadway show I'm going to see Elton John in October in Las Vegas- that will suffice, although it isn't the same it will be quite the performance experience!! **Goal Complete, Elton was amazing!**

20. Buy a couch!

21. Own a pair of real diamond earrings, just basic studs.

22. Snail Mail or hand deliver at least 10 birthday cards (7 down, 3 to go....)

23. Own a good cardio machine for home (no excuses on snowy days!)

24. Attend church at least one time a month (beginning May 2011) This didn't happen.

25. Host some sort of get together with old friends. Oops, should have been more dedicated during the holidays when the out of town people were 'home'.  Potential to host something the first weekend in June 2012, excited!

26. Read 100 Books

27. Learn more yoga and do it regularly

28. Start carrying a camera with me and taking pictures more often and learn more about photography (So far this has been a fail, will improve!)

29. Make a book of quotes, lyrics, images, etc. that have inspired, encouraged, or otherwise humored me in my life

30. Obtain my Master’s level license for practicing Social Work.  I am not required to be Licensed to practice at my current job, so I let myself get real comfortable.  Not sure what I'll do with this one yet.... It kind of goes back to #11 and not knowing what I want to be when I grow up! :)

1 comment:

  1. 22. Snail Mail or hand deliver at least 10 birthday cards (7 down, 3 to go....)


    My birthday is in December! Get scribbling! haha

    I think you've done great on most of your 30. I need to dedicate some more time on my list!

    ReplyDelete