Saturday, October 1, 2011

Challenge update 10/1/11

Last week: 264
Today: 260.5

Not bad!  :)  I'm going to be in the 250's soon.... I can't even believe that.  I know for some people, that would be a repulsive number to be at - but for this girl who has been in the 3##'s for as long as I can remember, this is incredible. 

Also, this makes 50 pounds down!!!!  In June I was 311........... YES!!!! 

I just finished 10 days of fruits-veggies-nuts-tea.  I feel like a million bucks!  I am so happy.  I feel lighter, I feel stronger, I just feel great.  Um..... I totally had a 110 calorie mini ice cream sandwich for breakfast, but I've been craving ice cream like a mad man.  It was worth it!  It was my first bite of something not from Unci Maka (Oon-chee Ma-ka, means Grandmother Earth in my Native tribal langauge- someone asked about it last post). 

This week:
Water - I didn't drink much water on Thursday.  I don't know what my deal was, I probably had 40 ounces?  I went out dancing Thursday night and Friday morning I woke up with the worst leg cramps!  I know it wasn't due to potassium, because I've had plenty with my challenge diet.... it was water!  I was mad at myself. 
*Sidenote, going out dancing and not consuming alcohol was WEIRD.  I was in day 9 of my challenge and it was so tempting and so painful to say 'no, I don't want a beer or ten'.  I usually have to be buzzed before I tear up the dance floor, not this time - I went out and had a blast.   A good thing to learn about myself I guess, we'll see how I use that knowledge / experience.  Two different friends asked me if I wasn't drinking because I was pregnant.... HAHAHA.  Immaculate conception much?! 

Food - Low calories, great eats.  I feel like a champ for finishing that 10 day challenge.  It definitely made me think about what I eat, the processed crap, the unhealthy decisions I've been making for years.  I am so satisfied that I did this challenge.  I think I learned a lot about myself.  I encourage you to do it! 

Exercise - 30 day shred, now in Level 2.  Need to start Level 3.  This is a fun 30 day challenge as well, who is still doing it?  I didn't exercise at all on Wednesday.  I just needed a break, so I went tanning then sat around and did not a whole lot.  Basic house stuff really.  Ah well.  Everyone needs a day of rest.  Thursday I skipped the shred also, I moved my office that day.  Was up and down stairs to the 3rd floor about 10 times.  Then I went out dancing.... what a stupid day to skimp on the water intake.  I paid for it!

Reading - I have started The Spark, it is a good book.  Seems like a fairly simple read.  I'll start posting more reviews or insights from it. 

Health & Drama - I have had plenty of probs with these two areas the last couple weeks.  I am now in a brand new office, with no crazy assistant.  It is new space, new energy and a new day.  All will be well.  My sister and her husband are amazing and giving me $200 toward a new ipod touch and I redeemed bank rewards and got $60.  The 32g ipod Touch sells for $275 on Amazon, so I will be ordering that today and it will cost me $15!!!!!  My sister is my very best friend in this whole world.  I don't even think they helped me to replace the 'thing' that was stolen - she just helped me earn back some peace of mind, faith and happiness because I was teetering right on the edge of a depression.  I've been feeling a lot better and am almost back to normal.  I have replaced my windshield, it's sure pretty and shiny.  LOL.  Take the bad with the good - the good is sure to start coming my way.

This Week's Goals:
*Water, 100 ounces every day
*Read 2 chapters of the Spark
*Jillian Michaels - Level 3 every day!  (Yikes!)
*Walking - at least 60 minutes EVERY DAY
*Calories - track them every day.  Slowly incorporate more into my diet after being on a 10 day fruit-veg cleanse.  No fried foods this week.  No sugary treats this week (yes I already ate an ice cream bar, get over it).  No white flour/starch this week. 1200 calories.  Snacks = fruit or veg, no processed snacks.  Only 1 tbsp coffee creamer in coffee.  Splash of milk if I need more of something. 
*Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout - 3x this week

Yes, those are some big goals, but I have vacation right within my grasp.  I leave for Las Vegas, Nevada on October 13.  I am so excited!  :)

Here's to a good week, lovelies!!!

19 comments:

  1. Wow! 4 lbs in one week! That is awesome girl. You have done so good already. I think you deserved a little ice cream.
    Your goals are very ambitious, I couldn´t do it, but if you do, you will probably lose another 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. at the rate your going you could have an ice cream bar a day and you would be fine.....way to go!!!....isn't the 250's amazing.....I was just there myself not too long ago ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing post! Congrats on finishing your F-V-N-T personal challenge. That's really cool of your sister & BIL too, yay! Sounds like things are back to awesome, and you are roccccking this hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four pounds in one week is amazing! Sounds like you had a great week and really stuck to your goals, really inspiring! Great goals for the next week - keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely need to throw some confetti and blow some horns. Considering all you have been through this week. That is a big loss. Keep too it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the loss Miss April! And well done on the 10 days of fruits-veggies-nuts-tea challenge. I tried something similar once and ended up in tears having a big "I CAN'T DO THIS!" moment after two days! I think I also need you to teach me a thing or two about saying no to alcohol when out having a good time after this week just gone... I could definitely use some of your strength!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have one hell of a sister there! She's very generous :)

    Congratulations on the loss too, you've done brilliant to lose 50+ lbs. You should be so proud of yourself :)

    P.S - I just got a new Ipod Touch so i'm also excited hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you are doing so good. 50 pounds you will never have to drag around-gone forever!!! Very motivating. Anyways, I just found your blog and am enjoying it. I am new to the weight loss community. I just started blogging my weight loss journey also. Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing so amazing. Keep up the great work. You are such an inspiration. I love reading your posts. Keep up the great work. Take care and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful turn around of events. Congratulations on your huge loss and phenomenal milestone.

    Hooray for wonderful sisters. Now you can get in the groove again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the loss and finishing your 10 days of fruits, nuts & veggies. You sound like you are in a better more positive place and it's awesome that you'll get your music back soon:-) I started the 30 Day Shred today, Oct 1, and good God! I'm going to stick with it but right now I can't even imagine looking to see what level 3 is let alone tackle it! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can 'hear' it in your writing that you are feeling great! I bet there's a new pep in your step as well! Great job! Maybe I'll look into this 30 day shred thing. Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, great loss this week. I'm sure that challenge really tested you during the week. Keep up the good work. Yeah for getting to mark something off of your 30 by 30 list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go on the loss. Congrats on the fruits and veggies 10 day thingy. Also you are so lucky to be getting that iPOd touch. You deserve it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH man... I'm feeling a tad bit of that encouraging jealousy looking at your loss this week! It's great! You've worked hard and you're back to health! Here's hoping I can match ya' next week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. 50? FIFTY!!! That is amazing. Absolutely amazing. Keep going, Miss April!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow 4 lbs in a week GREAT LOSS!! Fill me in on your secrets lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the 4 pounds!! Awesome!! I have no doubt you can keep up with those big goals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! Congrats on doing the challenge the whole way through! I am proud of you!

    Your sister is wonderful and I am so excited for you! I am glad you can have your music again!!

    ReplyDelete